The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Garrett T04z

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bp97tsi

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 27, 2002
Inman, South_Carolina
Hey whats up everybody. I've been leaning heavely towards a gt40r, but I just found out about the new T04z turbo. Give me some facts and or opinions. I know the GT40r has a divided .95 ar turbine housing. What about a T04z with a .84. I think that would be pretty close. This is going on a 9:1 2.3. And its a/t. 700whp is my goal.

To4z is just an HKS t67. If you want 700whp pick up a dual BB t67/ p-trim. I'm sure the pricing of the HKS turbo is rediculous, for the same compressor wheel and probably the same turbine wheel.

A GT4088R with a 0.95A/R housing can get you 700whp, but you are going to be boosting around 34-37psi to do so. You can get the GT4094R with the 0.95A/R housing and make your goals with an extra 100-150hp of flow potential from the turbo to spare. Both models are around 1500-1600. PM me if you want more information on the turbo vendor.

A T67 will get you 700WHP also, but it will be a little slower to spoolup, and won't touch the efficiency of a 40R. Midrange power and spoolup characteristics are excellent from the 4088R with the 0.95A/R housing on a 2.3L setup.

A GT4088R with a 0.95A/R housing can get you 700whp, but you are going to be boosting around 34-37psi to do so. You can get the GT4094R with the 0.95A/R housing and make your goals with an extra 100-150hp of flow potential from the turbo to spare. Both models are around 1500-1600. PM me if you want more information on the turbo vendor.

A T67 will get you 700WHP also, but it will be a little slower to spoolup, and won't touch the efficiency of a 40R. Midrange power and spoolup characteristics are excellent from the 4088R with the 0.95A/R housing on a 2.3L setup.

The t67 will support a good deal more power than the 4088r. I'm sure under certain conditions, and certain dynos you could get 700whp out of one, but its a sub 70lb/min compressor compared to the 67s 75lb/min. http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT40/GT4088R.htm

The To4z listed by ATP is just a garrett t67/p trim. They do offer all kinds of turbine housins though, which could be nice. On my 2.4 I see 23psi by 4400 in 4th. Its hard to tell in 3rd becasue of wheelspin. That is a journal bearing with an open t4, .68/ p trim.

you guys with stroked enginesman. what about in a 2.0l what would be a good turbo for 700hp AWD. i already made 541hp at 23psi + 75 shot nos on 93oct. pump gas with a gt35r .82 it was actually setup at 19psi but the shot made it go to up to 23psi

is a gt40r to big for street and track on a 2.0L?

I saw that turbo the other day and it looks to be a really nice street/heavy strip turbo.

Just to let you know that you WILL NOT make 700Wheel horsepower thru a automatic with that turbo tho. A awd auto dsm that has 550 to the wheels is a mid 9 second ride

Actually I think i'm gonna go with the gt4094r. I'm still not positive on that b/c turbo technology is like computer technology. Something better for the $$ is always coming out. I'm waiting till that is one of the last things I need. That turbo should fit my bill though.

One of the mods on columbusdsm has the hks version of the t04z.He's putting down over 700hp to the wheels,so it will get you to your goals.I think that turbo was like 3200 bucks though,LOL.

One of the mods on columbusdsm has the hks version of the t04z.He's putting down over 700hp to the wheels,so it will get you to your goals.I think that turbo was like 3200 bucks though,LOL.

When I bought the HKS T04Z 3 years ago, there were no Garrett alternatives available here in the US. There was nothing BB between a 35r and 42r at the time (not even the 4088r was out yet which I don't regret getting). The turbo does as advertised but there are obviously similar, much cheaper alternatives nowadays.

The new Garrett GT4094 looks to be a promising setup though for someone who wants to make 750-800whp but can't support the issues associated with a full 42r.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back