The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

fuel trim

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superdaddy

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 16, 2004
Madison, Wisconsin
just wondering if this was normal... when i let my car idle for a while the low fuel trim drops to like low 80's and then turns around and rises up to like 110 and the goes back....... maybe i should of post this in the newbie forum :coy:

steve said:
Does it happen to do this at the same rate that the fan is running?

Steve

Whats the significants of this? (I could guess but I want to hear it from the DSM Wiseman) :cool:

Two things happen when the fan comes on. The alternator puts a load on the engine and the intake sucks up really hot air, more so on cars with the MAF can hacked.

If I have time later I try and go into more detail..

Steve

If I have time later I try and go into more detail..

Do you have time now??? :D

superdaddy said:
Do you have time now?
Sorry, I don't tonight. Sone change in trims because of the conditions mentioned changing is normal but the swing your seeing seems extreme. Is your car really stock? If not how about updating your profile with the specifics and maybe I can better understand why your getting so much of a swing. I don't usually see that much swing unless the AC is on.

What are your mid and high trims?

Steve

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back