The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Fp red (hta) 421whp on pump gas

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastfred

Proven Member
Feb 23, 2014
carrollton, Ohio
Had the car at TPG tuning today. 421/368 on 93 tuned by Nate. First i have to say that these guys are amazing. Everybody there was friendly and helpful and went above and beyond to help when a coolant leak popped up right before i left for a 2 hour drive home. Highly recommend these guys. Car was tuned quickly and drives amazing. Couldn't be happier with my numbers either on pump gas.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 507
Thats very impressive for pump gas. Nice work.

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it for now. Especially since this is the first 4g63 car I ever put together. Really would like to do 500 though, maybe in the spring

93? Nice work! What's the set up like?
The mods list is a little more confusing to get to. Says hes got Kelford 272s and forged internals. Among the other supporting mods those are the standouts.

OP: When we gonna see some corn juice??!! You want 500? E85 might get ya damn close

Forged internals
Kiggly springs, slightly ported head
Kelford 272's degreed but not tweaked
Arp's
DW 1200s, fuel lab filter/regulator, FIC rail
Tial mvs, fp manifold, 3 in exhaust
SB clutch, ACT flywheel
Dsmlink v3, omni 4 bar, gm iat
Theres some other stuff but thats the main ones. It is a little harder to get to the mods, but they are up to date if you want the full list. Except I had a DW 200 the 300 is still in the box.
DONNIE- I didnt get the smaller housing, mainly because it was my first 4 cylinder build and my turbo knowledge isnt really up to par. I also just wanted the car on the road, after working on cars all day at work i'm kinda burnt out. I knew any mid size FP turbo would do though. I agree with it being great on the street!!
COPPER-I was outside shootin the sh** but if I recall Nate said around 26-27 psi.
BOOST97- We were in the 60's duty cycle wise. So i'll likely be going back sometime in the future. Probably on 110 though, I have nowhere remotely close to get E85. I daily the car in the summers so I wont push it to the limit but I can hear 500 calling my name!!
CRITIC- yep, 93 from a sunoco i passes on the way.

Donnie-Steubenville? Arizona is a long way from jefferson county. How did you get way out there?
Greek-I posted them so other people could use it to help in there decision/search. Being new to this platform i kinda just looked at the specs. and fp's reputation. I was not let down.
94awd-Here is another picture of the graph. Sorry if it's poor i'm no photographer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    842.7 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:
That's nice to see. I'm running the same stuff pretty much, minus engine/head work (all oem). I will be going E85 tomorrow and finishing up the street tune. So far 24psi on pump gas and ~8* peak timing (only to get ready for E85) its running pretty good. I really hope to be knocking at 500 AWHP also.

Profile says you have a 4 inch intake... I am trying to plan/design one how did you go about doing that? (pics?)

Good luck on 500!! You'll get it, I think e85 or 110 will get it with this turbo. I got a buddy who had the FP intake. His car is gonna be down until next year so I put it on my car. I do have a plain old aluminum one thats recirculated at work. I'll post a picture for you tomorrow. I got a buddy with a diesel shop who had the 4" tube.

Thanks for putting this up, I've been thinking about switching to the red myself. How does it feel on the street?

Thanks for putting this up, I've been thinking about switching to the red myself. How does it feel on the street?

I have the same turbo, and mostly the same setup minus the compression/built engine. It is a little late to spool, but it pulls REALLY hard on E85. Depending on uphill/downhill/gear/etc, full boost is anywhere between 4500 and 5000 and then it just keeps pulling. Its probably one the "biggest" turbos I would run on the street (up there with hx40, bw256, similar).

It's not bad on the street you dont get to use it to its full potential, but it hits real hard at 43-4500. I love it but some people dont like to wait on the boost. I'm actually getting retuned right now with a jmf intake and race fuel.

My experience with the 8cm housing was more in line with gslenk. I'm wondering what fp changed to get you to spool up at 43-4500. Do you have any pictures of the turbo before you installed it? Mine has a heavily clipped td06h turbine. I wonder if they started selling the green Xl as a red?

Here is a pic I took of mine when I purchased it late in 2013.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I dont know if they made any changes. Here are a few pictures i took when i got it. I bought mine in january this year.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    720.1 KB · Views: 338
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    939.1 KB · Views: 318
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back