The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Updated fp red (hta) numbers 501awhp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastfred

Proven Member
Feb 23, 2014
carrollton, Ohio
Re tuned today with JMF street smim and sunoco 110, car made 501awhp @ 33psi. I forgot to get my dyno sheet, i'll have them email it to me then post it up, heres a link to the pull though. We did have to switch to br8's from 7's and this was also still on the dw200 fuel pump.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Great so now I know some reasonable upper and lower limits to the RED HTA on E85. I think I am starting to scratch the surface of 400AWHP and its pretty nuts.

Looks like I will need 272 cams/intake If I even want a hope at upper 400's

Im at 34psi and ~14* peak timing, stock longblock.

I think there is lots more in this turbo. I ran the hta green (but with 12cm TS hotside)
at 21psi and 44.5lbs flow it made 425 whp.
at 24psi and 47.5lbs flow it made 460 whp.
at 26psi and 53lbs I didnt dyno but should be around 500/510whp.
I have now swapped in the hta red.
at 24.8psi I am seeing 53.6lbs flow
all these readings are on stock evo 8 maf so the flow numbers should be pretty accurate.

old school dsm reds on the 7cm housing have made 560-575 whp. no reason this new red cant do the same.. the hta reds on evo8/9 have made 600whp.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/hta73-green-at-21psi.433288/

^agreed. The HTA Green with standard hot side easily put down 450whp through an auto on a Mustang dyno.

I didnt log the run. I didn't tune the car, but I did take the car to the track for the first time ever wednsday night. I logged 52 lbs/m @29 psi, 6200 rpm. The weld on the shifter base cracked and I had some ignition issues, But the car ran 13.1 @ 116mph w/ a horrible 60ft (2.6) due to the shifter slop and sub 7k shifts. I agree on there being more left on the red, We weren't really trying to go real crazy with this car since it is just a summer/street cruiser.

This is my next turbo upgrade. On E85 I see no problem making 550 HP to the wheels with this turbo.

Do you guys have any 70-90 times? Depending on the grade (uphill/down) I cut on average 1.3s (very slight downhill if at all) to 1.8s (pretty noticeable uphill, or significant PK) pretty regularly. I would guess my flat to be lower 1.5 1.6 max. on average. Logging about ~55lbs max airflow at ~34psi. Link estimates me at 400HP, I hope it is much higher. Can't wait to dyno or track it, my inner bench racer is teeming with anticipation.

Nice numbers! If i ever upgrade turbos it will be FP red HTA.[DOUBLEPOST=1412473956][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do you guys have any 70-90 times? Depending on the grade (uphill/down) I cut on average 1.3s (very slight downhill if at all) to 1.8s (pretty noticeable uphill, or significant PK) pretty regularly. I would guess my flat to be lower 1.5 1.6 max. on average. Logging about ~55lbs max airflow at ~34psi. Link estimates me at 400HP, I hope it is much higher. Can't wait to dyno or track it, my inner bench racer is teeming with anticipation.

I feel with your 70-90 times you should be well into the mid 450whp range.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back