The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

56trim GT40/ 76trim T350 combo.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSX4LIFE

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 17, 2002
OK, its all over DSMtalk, and other forumns as well. I think its about time, the Tuners crowd gets some info on this. obviously, PTE is already marketing these turbos. There are some discrepencies on the site, though. In the bolt on catagory, they list the SCM61 as having a 56trim comp wheel and a t350 69trim trubine wheel. This is incorrect. The standard wheel is the 76trim turbine. (for those that dont know, the 76trim is MUCH better) The 56 trim GT40 wheels map is about the best I have ever seen on paper. And it is rumored to have already made over 600whp. And I think this was in a bolt on form. It should, theoretically, make more in full Garrett trim. So what are everyones thaughts? What have you heard, know, want to know. Its time that this combo be known as the... Dare I say... "50Trim Killer".:D

Originally posted by GSX4LIFE
So what are everyones thaughts?

I think you should use spell check, in regards to the turbo it looks like the new turbo of the week that every one will buy and make no power with, get pissed and sell it. I have had enough of paper performance and turbo of the week.:)

People need to not just buy turbos based on what they read about a race car putting down on the dyno, or at the track. Buy a specific turbo for your application. I have a PTE turbo, and I'm still saying this.

If someone could post the compressor map for the 56 trim GT wheel, maybe we could get opinions and feedback from other tuners.

I like the sound of this turbo. Is anyone running it yet. Other than DSMTalk, where are people talking about this turbo? I have the SBR GT13 right now, but this would probably be my next turbo. I'd love to see some real world numbers instead of paper numbers.

nolv4v8 Give us a quick review on that GT 13. I like the map. Spooling, boost onset, etc. HP on pump gas.

The rumor about the SC61 making over 600 at the wheels is not a rumor. Its true. One of my projects will be getting a PTE SC61 paired with a T04 76 Trim turbine in a .58 AR T4 housing shortly as well. Then I can compare it to the T61/P trim T4 that is going on the other project.

jeff

Jeff already had the 56trim on his car way back in the day before anyone else:) !cough!L3R!cough!
Some shops knew the potential in that wheel a long time ago.

Kevin

Made 474whp with that biyatch with the 7cm turbine housing. :cool:

jeff

Made 474whp with that biyatch with the 7cm turbine housing.

jeff

What gas and boost level?

Originally posted by Z1500
Jeff already had the 56trim on his car way back in the day before anyone else:) !cough!L3R!cough!
Some shops knew the potential in that wheel a long time ago.

Kevin

I was going to mention this Kevin, but didnt for you guys. Wasnt sure if you wanted this info out or not ... so basically GT35R=56Trim GT40:D

Sounds a little to big for my street tastes but on a drag car it sounds good.

Looks good on paper, but look at the Mutt level three, it flowed more CFM's then the green, but the green has better times, know why? It was teh exhaust housing, sure it spooled faster and is VERY streeable, but up top it can't keep up, THE LARGEST Mitsu housing is still smaller the a full garrett housing, need a larger housing to get the topend.

Plus it is all in the Tuning, so only a tuner could make the power out of these turbos.

Originally posted by bigfoot
Made 474whp with that biyatch with the 7cm turbine housing.

jeff

What gas and boost level?

C16 28ish psi.

jeff

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back