The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2g AWD ONLY- DON'T HAVE TO GO FUEL CELL

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95AWD_TSI_TALON

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 18, 2003
huntingtown, Maryland
Alright, I have been fooling around trying to figure out how to get more fuel then a 255hp can handle without going up to a fuel cell or sumped tank. I now will have two 255hp fuel pumps IN-TANK with NO modifications to the tank or the stock sending unit at all! What I have done was used a second fuel pump assemly from a 2g gsx and replaced the "flip over sender" on the drivers side of the tank. And The only modifations are wiring up ONE pigtail. Now I am running DUAL 255hp pumps w/ dual-6an fuel lines up to each side of the rail. If anybody wants me to put together a tech article w/ pics showing exactly how I did this- let me know.

ps- my buddy ppointed out to me this is going to be GREATLY BENIFICIAL to ralley cars due to now they will have a fuel pump on both sides of the tank so they don't have to worry about running dry pick up on hard right hand turns.
:cool: matthew

Sadly this mod will only work on AWD's due to FWD's do not have the second unit in the tank.

Thought I would also though this out before someone picks up on it and thinks I didn't remember this part. The return line will be coming dead out the middle of the fuel rail via a welded on -6an bung. And the "flip over sensor" is still 100% fully funtional and mounted back in.
matthew

We will be taking pictures of this entire install so that we can type up a "VFAQ" on this install. It does look to be very promising mod and should help many of us plastic tanked 2g AWDer's get one up on those 1g's with the metal sumped tanks! This isnt gonna be one of the mods that every kid with a 16g is gonna need.....

P.S. - Matt (95AWD_TSI_TALON) would like to name this the "wonnemann mod" after himself :rolleyes:

laggin3 said:
Where is my tech article? :mad:
I should have it together hopefuly by next week. I am serching for a pigatail off a 2g gsx fuel pump assembley (car wire harness side with 6 prongs). The local junk yard has no gsx's. If anybody has a wrecked 2g awd I need your wire harness. Please PM me and I will get tech article together.
Matt

What happen is something goes wrong with one of the pumps and the engine starts to run lean on only one pump.

Big Red AWD said:
What happen is something goes wrong with one of the pumps and the engine starts to run lean on only one pump.
Ths was one of my major concerns. Due to our tank is a "saddle bag" style. With having the second walbro on the drivers side. I could not drive with less then half a tank! or i would run that pump dry and burn it up. And After much thought on having to get a second walbro and the check valves and everything else.... I just aborted that set up. I currenty will be runnning a 12gal cell with the Aeromotive a1000 pump. I am in the process of installing it. I will get pics of how I was going to do it so if someone wants to try it they can.
Matthew

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back