The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G 20g Setup, what should I expect? Thoughts on build?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T'd Up Steve

Proven Member
Nov 16, 2021
SANTA ANA, California
Hello guys,

My goal is to make 350 to the wheels on my 5 speed GSX. Check my profile for my updated mod list. i have a 1G BOV, Billet 20G TDO5H, 3inch downpipe, no cat, HI-Power 3inch exhaust, 1200 FIC Hi-z injectors, FMIC, I have all supporting mods like gauges and ECMlink v3, MBC. What should I expect out of this setup? I want to run 20psi at least, car will be daily driven and I would consider it a street build. How much power can I make on this while still being reliable on a good tune?

Thanks and let me know your thoughts.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I think you are being realistic.

Make sure the motor is healthy and ready

Make sure your tuner is trustworthy

I’d recommend adding a pump rewire and an ingersol rand EBC but not required

-Daniel

All you've done is added some lag in trade for holding higher boost to redline. If you want to run 20psi to redline, you should have got a 16g for 250 bucks. The turbo you have is for trying to scratch 30psi to redline. If you don't go for that, you have done yourself a disservice in every aspect.

All you've done is added some lag in trade for holding higher boost to redline. If you want to run 20psi to redline, you should have got a 16g for 250 bucks. The turbo you have is for trying to scratch 30psi to redline. If you don't go for that, you have done yourself a disservice in every aspect.
I am trying to run as much boost as safely possible, and based on my research 20 is the baseline on where I should start and then slowly raise it. My main goal is to be able to boost at 25-28psi on pump gas

28psi on 91oct is going to require a bit of finesse from the tuner and you'll be running noticeably retarded timing. Then it's a matter of how much power you have to leave on the table to make power from boost, but that's what the dyno is for -- comparing runs.
You might want to look into meth injection but that has risks too.

The thing is, you have a boost goal, but that alone means little. It's only a part of the puzzle and doesn't guarantee a power threshold. I could run 25psi and make 200hp, and be taken by every 2000s Mitsubishi Mirage on the road because my timing is so rediculously retarded until I hit 7000rpm (which will also take foreverrrr) I might as well get out and walk.

If it was just to run "28psi", @Stapl3 is correct, you should have just gone with an E3 16g. It will hit those numbers happily and hit them a lot faster as well.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back