The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Wont start when warm???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoolinpos

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 13, 2008
Fraser, Michigan
Okay, so this is a problem that is really starting to piss me off... I searched this on google and found a few things, (check vac lines, remove vac line from FPR, dicked around with DSMLink, and yeah, no luck)

Here's the deal, When the car sits for awhile and it's cool, it starts right up and drives/runs fine. Once the car is shut down, it will not fire back up! It just cranks and cranks and cranks. There is no downpipe on the car as of right now, but awhile back it never had this problem w/o a downpipe, so I kind of cancelled that out. It kind of happened shortly after installing a MBC which I took off the car to test, but no luck. This has me stumped any ideas???

Also, fuel filter is new, battery is new, starter is new, plugs and wires are new, all vac lines are new, no EGR valve, cleaned throttle body... blah.

I would run a resistance check on the ECT sensor, you can probably get search results on this forum for more info on that.

Pull your spark plugs after cranking it for a while and see if they are soaked or dry as a bone. If dry, it might be vapor lock. If one or more are soaked, then it is either electrical or perhaps your injectors are leaking off the fuel pressure when the engine is off...

This is usually a faulty fuel pressure solenoid (not fpr): http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/problem-diagnosis/217349-vapor-lock-hot-start.html.

But here's some other ideas: Hot Start Problem Fixes

Yeah, I do not even have the FPS anymore and I use an Aeromotive AFPR, I'll have to plug that thing all back in and see if it does anything... Another question, Will oil being in the intercooler have any affect with this situation? I wouldn't think it would, but I discovered my turbo is going bad, I have oil in the I.C. pipes and also leaking out of the compressor housing, so there is a puddle of oil located in the comp. housing and the intake pipe... It's a FP 3565, can these even be rebuilt or does the whole CHRA need to be replaced since it's ball bearing, I cannot get ahold of them for the life of me... Problems keep popping up ugh! haha

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back