The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Where can I get my 1g tuned

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBDdsmer610

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 4, 2006
easton, Pennsylvania
not sure if this is the place for this thread, but I will be ready to get my car tuned very shortly, and i will be in need of a place to get my car tuned and a place that I can trust enough to tune my ECM link with S/D to do a good job tuning the car. I live in North east Pennsylvania I will be willing to travel about 100 miles if need be but my zip is 18042...if anyone has any input on where I can go that would be great I tried googling a place but I didn't come up with too much

Honestly, if you plan on working on your car alot, then I'd learn how to tune yourself. Ecmlink isn't that hard to learn. Take a few nights, watch all the videos, wiki and the forums. After that, go out and set up a base tune. Once you get that then it's about getting your afr and timing where you want it. Boom you just tuned your car yourself and now have the knowledge on how to. When you go do something to your car, you don't need to pay someone every time to retune

Honestly, if you plan on working on your car alot, then I'd learn how to tune yourself. Ecmlink isn't that hard to learn. Take a few nights, watch all the videos, wiki and the forums. After that, go out and set up a base tune. Once you get that then it's about getting your afr and timing where you want it. Boom you just tuned your car yourself and now have the knowledge on how to. When you go do something to your car, you don't need to pay someone every time to retune

This.

I was able to setup my 2g with a pretty good tune just by setting up the initial settings based on information from ECMTuning's website, took it slow, and made adjustments based on logs. Runs very safe now and feels good to know I was able to tackle it myself. There is a plethora of information on here as well that you can go through with a simple search for different terms on what you are trying to accomplish.

Seriously best to tune things yourself and its easy to learn.. a tuner can get your car dialed but how much do you want to pay to do so?

I tuned my speed density after putting in the right basic info to idle correct by driving and looking at logs.. I also have a kick ass excel sheet someone on here gave me that helps a lot.

The best tunes come from driving in various conditions so you have no surprises. A tuner can be good for WOT dyno pulls but cruising is in my opinion the most important unless you are strictly track driving.

watch this video
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

and use this excel sheet... it was a life saver...

this reading attached will help you initially as well

Attachments

• SD Table Template v3.1.zip
    541 KB · Views: 45
  • How to Tune a 1G V3 SD ECM LINK with no MAF V1-8.pdf
    578 KB · Views: 462
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back