The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Where can i buy a motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XxRedDevilxX

Probationary Member
Mar 15, 2007
Sherman Oaks, California
I just wanted to know where i can buy a stock motor? i need a long block. I just bought a 1990 talon awd shell with a blown engine so i just wanted to know where i could go about buying one and what price should i pay? thanks im new to these cars.

I just wanted to know where i can buy a stock motor? i need a long block. I just bought a 1990 talon awd shell with a blown engine so i just wanted to know where i could go about buying one and what price should i pay? thanks im new to these cars.

Mark at www.overbore.com.

He advertises on eBay (but call him directly).
Here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MITSUBISHI-ECLIPSE-4G63T-ENGINE-1G-2-0-TURBO-GST-4G63_W0QQitemZ160165999495QQihZ006QQcategoryZ33615QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I bought my motor from him and it's being put in right now.

Cheers, Tom.

Whatever you do, do NOT buy one from Kar King. It's over in Ontario (so pretty close) and the price is low ($1400 for a 'turbo' longblock with no sensors IIRC), but you WILL get screwed.

First engine in my car was a KarKing special from the previous owner... was leaking all over, oil and water. Took it back, and their idea of fixing it was to slap silicone sealant over the leaks. Jerry got screwed on one too. They use N/T blocks and slap Rock Auto (read: cheap) pistons in, toss turbo cams into a head and crank the whole thing together. Had to remove two VC bolts that they'd broken off in the head, and get a new VC as well. That engine blew less than 30,000 miles later. Didn't even do the timing belt yet. Second one I went with a shadetree mechanic, who didn't know what the hell he was doing with a DSM. Reused the old pistons, too. Less than 10K miles it cracked the #1 piston in three places.

Personally, I went with RRE. Cost WAY too much, and was really slow. But the engine's held together, so I guess it was worth the cost.
Then a mechanic buddy said he'd build me the same engine for two grand less, a couple weeks after I'd gotten it back. What kind of budget are you looking at? A basic stock engine build shouldn't be TOO bad.. two, maybe three grand if you have a mechanic who knows where and how to source cores.
Mechanic buddy (Crow) is up in Van Nuys, runs Spellbound Motors. If you're interested, I can shoot you his number.

FYI Talesin Rock Piston car made down the street from you and me. There made in Chatsworth.. ive gone there to throw back there pistons......... my buddy is selling a motor. he wants like 500 for it. let me know. its already pulled out and is at C&A autos

Want To Buy posts go only in the Classifieds.

Same for For Sale posts.

Vendor reviews go only on Vendors-reviewed.com

Slur posts go on your local skinhead site.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back