The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Vacuum Lines To BOV

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm144

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 7, 2011
Conover, North_Carolina
Hey guys Im a little confused on which vacuum line goes where on my BOV as the car came this way when I bought it from the previous owner. I just got a type-s and right now I have the line from the intake manifold running onto the bigger nipple of the BOV and the line from the wastegate is ran into that one with a t-pipe. So basically I have the lines from the intake manifold and wastegate ran into the upper nipple. I know that it is okay for the BOV to be used without a vacuum live on the lower nipple but if I decide to use it which line should I hook onto it? and is my current setup good?

You just need vacuum from the manifold after the throttle body to the upper port. The lower port isn't used and make sure to NOT cap it off.

The BOV should have it's own dedicated line, although others may tell you other wise. For your waste gate, it should also have it's own dedicated line, such as turbo or inter cooler pipe. But it won't hurt it how it is. Just better for each to have their own.

I read that if you use the lower nipple the bov engages quicker? And do you mean that I should seperate the two lines and run them to each nipple?

If you want to use the lower nipple you have to run it to the intercooler pipe before the throttle body where there is no vacuum present. It will release faster, but it can make low throttle driving wierd because it will release to early sometimes.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back