The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A Uninstalled the SAFC II now it wont start.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2qik4u

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 5, 2007
Free Soil, Michigan
i had a safcII installed before i knew it wouldnt meet my needs now i uninstalled it and the car wont start!!! WTF now???? i have a smfu on the way and need the car to start to tune the thing. what could be going wrong now???? im so pi**ed!!!! i need this car to run!!! my other car is on its last leg and all my money is going to paying off student loans!!!! im about to part this thing out!!!!

I ALL you did was disconnect the SAFC, then check your wiring to make sure you reconnected them all to the right wires.

Installation of the S-AFC consists of tapping a few wires, and splicing the MAP sensor signal wire. Simply clipping most of the wires will work when you uninstall the S-AFC, but you will have to reconnect the two halves of the MAP sensor signal wire. Be sure you did that.

Agreed with above. Only reason for the car not to start after uninstalling the SAFC is because of the MAP wires are not reconnected. All other wires on the SAFC are just tapped.

when i installed the safcII I had pulled the pins in the ecu connection and soldered them in, then replaced the pins. and when i uninstalled it I pulled the pins again and clipped the safc wires off so there was nothing sticking off. where i had spliced the map wire i had soldered that and when i uninstalled i clipped it off and resoldered the map wire back together like it was before ever touching it. now when i go to start it it will turn over and tried to fire a couple of times but just wont start. i think i might still have fuel issues but it started with the fuel system all screwed up before so i dont see why it wont now.... :-( i guess i will have to check all the wiring again and make sure my pins are in the right place which i know they are cause I marked the pin locations with a magic marker and only pulled one pin at a time!!! guess I will backprobe the map sensor and see if it is working correctly. I just dont get it!!!!

maybe i should have stuck with v8 carburated vehicles!!!! LOL i feel like a retard dealing with this car!!!

ok I have backprobed everything and cant find anything wrong and it still wont start!!!! i guess i will hook up the sfmu and try that. the only thing i can think is that my fmu has crashed and is causing it to get to much fuel. i will install sfmu and see what happens.

If you're still using those 550's, I doubt you will get it to start. You were using the SAFC to reduce fuel from the 550's. The 550's are still there, but you're not reducing fuel with the SAFC anymore. You need to lower the static fuel pressure, a lot. You can do this with the SFMU.

that is kinda what i was thinking.. half way anyways. i wish i could sell my boost controller cause then i would get megasquirt and solve all the probs with the fuel!!! but i am going to install sfmu this weekend and hopefully it will start from there!!!

so I installed the sfmu and still not starting!!! flooding out right away now. actually it started about 5 times and i ran it for 3 or 4 minutes each time but now it wont start, just floods. i put the lighter spring in the sfmu and had the fuel turned all the way down. meaning the screw on top of the sfmu is turned all the way out. another thing i thought was not quite right is when the car did start the fuel pressure guage jumps very rapidly about 8 or 10 psi up and down. when i prime the system the fuel pressure guage is at around 10 psi and it still floods out. cant get pressure to go any lower!!! screw it I am selling the sfmu and just going to go megasquirt!!!! but id like to get the car to start so i can move it around to work on it without having to pull it around with the truck!!!! F my car!!!!!

Last edited:
way to much fuel i had the same problem when i ran 550 RC injectors with a SAFC. only could get it to run 3-4 tomes before i had to put new plugs in i drooped a set of 440cc injectors in bottomed out the fuel on idle with the SAFC worked great.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back