The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Turbosmart e-boost vs. MBC

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1gDSM4g63

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 28, 2007
San Jose, California
I know that one of the benefits of Turbosmart e-Boost is the 'adjustable gate pressure feature which minimizes wastegate creep AND' may or may not 'improve turbo response by up to 1000 rpm earlier in the rev range'.

But will it help boost response my twin-scroll setup?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

With two wastegate, two dump tubes and a 4" side exhaust I will definitely get no boost creep but will that still help my turbo response or f-that I stick with the $80 Hallman MBC rather than going for $500+ Turbosmart?

Even better than that you could spend the money on link v3 and do everything that the eboost would do plus also have the v3 upgrade.

You aren't looking at any real difference in spool for your setup over a quality mbc. If the wastegates are closed then the wasteagates are closed and that is that except for the fairly minimal effect of air bleed from some types of controllers.

Even better than that you could spend the money on link v3 and do everything that the eboost would do plus also have the v3 upgrade.

You aren't looking at any real difference in spool for your setup over a quality mbc. If the wastegates are closed then the wasteagates are closed and that is that except for the fairly minimal effect of air bleed from some types of controllers.

That's what I thought but someone mentions the electronic solenoid are better than the Hallman spring/ball manual boost controller and will react faster.

But I just wanted to make sure because I have been there and done that with the EBC and switching to MBC.

I'm sure many times they do react faster. The question is where and how fine you need to boost control to be.

That said there just isn't any need for a standalone ebc in most of our cars now. For a similar price you can just get dsmllink and use the stock ecu to control boost through a $45 GM 3-port unit.

I'm not sure if Ceddy has finished but he had been working on boost control with H8 ecus as well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back