The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

t4 divided holset. need halp finding manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natedsmeclipse

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 4, 2007
Colton, New_York
i am looking for a cheep t4 divided manifold for my holset turbo i looked on ebay for something and got nothing. i am running a 420a turbo. i don't care if its a 4g63 manifold because then i can just cut off the flange and weld on a 420 flange.

or do i evan have to use a divided manifold on a divided turbo housing? can i just run a t4 manifold with one big hole?

Last edited by a moderator:
People have run divided housing with a non-divided manifold. It causes a lot of turbulence around the turbine entry and will cut down the benefits of actually having the divided turbine(better spool,flow). I wouldn't recommend it. I believe PTE makes a gasket for the T3 which contours a little bit into the turbine entry which some guys use on non-divided manifolds. Maybe they make a T4 version. Although its obviously not the best way to do it and will not be as effective as the true divided manifold.

What size housing is it if its T4?
I had a hx40 that had a 23cm housing. Diesel guys dont even want the 23cm housing

Typically there is a number imprinted on the turbine housing of the hx40s. I believe they come in a 19cm,23cm and I think there's a smaller 16cm housing too.

What are your realistic power goals and intended use of the car(stree,track,etc)? An hx40, if you were running low boost(<15psi), may not be the best choice for your 420a. There's a good market for them and you could easily sell it if you wanted as well.

Typically there is a number imprinted on the turbine housing of the hx40s. I believe they come in a 19cm,23cm and I think there's a smaller 16cm housing too.

What are your realistic power goals and intended use of the car(stree,track,etc)? An hx40, if you were running low boost(<15psi), may not be the best choice for your 420a. There's a good market for them and you could easily sell it if you wanted as well.

my motor is fully built and plan on running 20psi. i had it set up with a turbonetics last year running 18psi and now i want to up it. i built the car for roll racing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back