1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Suggestions on a new wheel

Posted by ECLIPSE4x4, Mar 7, 2006

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. ECLIPSE4x4

ECLIPSE4x4 Proven Member

Joined May 28, 2002
    New Bern, North Carolina
    Ok guys, I am open to suggestions for a new wheel. I am looking for something that is no less then 17x8 and semi light to light weight.

This is my daily driver so I want something that is light weight but also looks good without spending 2g on wheels.

I have had these 18's for long enough and with the power I am going to be putting down I would like a 17 since it will have a little more sidewall and a little more forgiving on the drivetrain then the 18's.

My car is in my gallery if you haven't seen it. The wheels will have to go with the gray color.

TIA.

555  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    12.545 @ 108.480 · 2G DSM
  2. blk 2gnt

blk 2gnt Proven Member

Joined Mar 31, 2003
    Long Valley, New Jersey
    I think these would look good on your car...I can think of one member who will tell you not to get them though :p (the only other person who has this model rim on here)

http://www.revwheels.com/m11.html

3. EclipseTrbo420A

EclipseTrbo420A Proven Member

Joined Jan 23, 2004
    WhiteOak/PGH, Pennsylvania
    Those are nice, I like mine the nippon lite-stars not sure if they some x8 though. but as you can imagine they are super light .

Also, I like these. http://store.racinglab.com/5zfnrawh1711.html

you have to get that "Matt" with 2 "T"s black:cool:

4. RedTurboEclipse

RedTurboEclipse Proven Member

Joined Jul 29, 2002
    Bay Area, California

2K  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM
  5. Flash

Flash Proven Member

Joined Nov 30, 2003
    Highlands Ranch, Colorado
    I have 4 Emo's in boxes sitting in my living room. I will open them up on friday. :sneaky: They will definitely be for sale in the next couple months, I got them just so I have time to have some Volks made in the offset I want.

3K  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    · 2G DSM
  6. RedTurboEclipse

RedTurboEclipse Proven Member

Joined Jul 29, 2002
    Bay Area, California
    WTF.. u have 4 EMOs as something to hold you off for your custom made volks?!? damn mr moneybags, go buy a supra. LOL

2K  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM
  7. ECLIPSE4x4

ECLIPSE4x4 Proven Member

Joined May 28, 2002
    New Bern, North Carolina
    I like the works alot but don't you think the offset is a little much on the 17x8 ?

555  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    12.545 @ 108.480 · 2G DSM
  8. spoolin11

spoolin11 Proven Member

Joined Aug 2, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    These wheels have been on my list since I first saw them but I recently found out that Work discounted this wheel in December 2005. I contacted them and they gave me one lead to an authorized dealer who only had 2 sets which were the only 2 sets in the country. The name of the shop RavSpec, located New York (which by the way have been one of the best shops I have ever done business with). With that said I did what most would do, call them and place an order and as a matter a fact according to UPS tracking they will be delivered tomorrow. :)

P.S. I believe they still have the other set if you really wanted them but that comes at a sacrifice, the specs of the wheels are 17x7 +50 mm offset (16 or 17 Lbs.) so needless to say I will be running a spacer but thatÂ’s ok because I really wanted these wheels.