The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

rx-7

Please Support ExtremePSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awd-Turbo said:
I own a black turbo II and none of my friends have ever had a problem with their fc's. Besides my brothers 90 non turbo convertable, it always floods. Mine is a 87 here is a pic of it below.

That is sick :thumb: I'm looking to buy one of them soon.

Good to know that somebody else is looking for an rx-7!!!!!
I was aproud owner of an 86 2+2 rx-7 non-turbo. that was fun as hell!! i beat a few car (with only 130.000 miles) even thought it was running like a princess!!!

u got to be sure that the car have been religous maintaned. otherwise, rebuild it and do it all over again. they are cheap and easy to rebuild it is just an appex seal and u are done. Be sure to research a lot because that is not a single piston car is more complicated and much fun at the same time.
Be sure to buy the one from (88-91) a gtu, gtu's or turbo II (the best cars) because it has a better engine.(20 horsepowers more than the 86-87)
The funny fact is that u can feel that it revs really high, and u can have fun hearing the others car shifting behind u, while u are in first gear. it is a funny shit.

Rotary is whole different idea that has A LOT OF POTENTIAL!!

If u want more info go to:
http://www.teamfc3s.org/main/
http://www.rx7club.com/
http://www.nopistons.com/

BTW check the magazine: Super street july 2004. It has a guide about how to tune the rx-7's it is a whole rotary edition and it just came out.

Well good luck with the rx-7

Tito
:thumb:

AWD, that FC is fookin bootiful! I was so close to picking one up before I got my DSM, but I didn't want to learn how to work on rotary engines so I stuck with piston power. As far as reliability goes, it's probably the same story as with our DSM's. It all depends on if the owner took care of them, or treated it like shit and thrashed the motor all the time.

Yea, im also thinking about getting one next summer. Anyone know the stock whp on a FD?

my brother has a 93 fd and a 90 fc, the fd makes 255 but to the wheels it probably puts about 230 something. They are very easy to tune get a bigger turbo a bc and take off your exhaust and you have a monster.

Thx for the compliments! I am getting ready for a haltech engine management system and then i can hook up a bigger turbo, I'm gonna see the difference it has with no exhaust, but first I got to get it registered.

titogs95 said:
Good to know that somebody else is looking for an rx-7!!!!!
I was aproud owner of an 86 2+2 rx-7 non-turbo. that was fun as hell!! i beat a few car (with only 130.000 miles) even thought it was running like a princess!!!

u got to be sure that the car have been religous maintaned. otherwise, rebuild it and do it all over again. they are cheap and easy to rebuild it is just an appex seal and u are done. Be sure to research a lot because that is not a single piston car is more complicated and much fun at the same time.
Be sure to buy the one from (88-91) a gtu, gtu's or turbo II (the best cars) because it has a better engine.(20 horsepowers more than the 86-87)
The funny fact is that u can feel that it revs really high, and u can have fun hearing the others car shifting behind u, while u are in first gear. it is a funny shit.

Rotary is whole different idea that has A LOT OF POTENTIAL!!

If u want more info go to:
http://www.teamfc3s.org/main/
http://www.rx7club.com/
http://www.nopistons.com/

BTW check the magazine: Super street july 2004. It has a guide about how to tune the rx-7's it is a whole rotary edition and it just came out.

Well good luck with the rx-7

Tito
:thumb:

It will be a little bit before I get one, but hopefully not to long. My friend has one, normally aspirated, but still fun. We have been messing with his a bit so I'm getting the rotary down. :thumb: We just hooked up a air pump from a cadillac air ride system because the engine wasn't opening the 5th and 6th ports. So we got an RPM switch, set it at about 3,000 rpm's because it takes a second to kick in, where they normally open about 3800rpm's, so they kick in at about the right time. Made a noticeable difference, running about a 15 sec flat 1/4 right now. But it will be running a little faster soon, he doesn't want to get to far into it, but he wants it to beat all the little honda yuppies around here.

I'll probably be looking for a turbo II, but if I don't find one I'll still be happy with all motor. I really enjoy driving my friends even though my DSM is faster, and will be way faster once its back on the road.

Randomrage said:
Anyway, with all of Mazda's rotary engines, besides the RENESIS, the motors tend to fall apart around the 75k mile mark. IF the owner took good care of the car, all youll need is new apex seals for the engine, and just a good tune-up and looking over. If the owner did not keep the car in immaculate condition, make room in your budget for an engine swap.
BTW: Savanna and Enfini are subdivisions of Mazda that produced cars in Japan.

Exactly right! Just do some serious research, and demand receipts of any supposed engine work before you buy. It may also help to have some kind of contract with some kind of stipulation attatched, like I did when I bought an RX-7 last year.

And for the one who said it's only good if your 5'5" is complete crap. I stand at 6'3", 215lbs, and I fit in that FD just fine. Too bad the guy didn't keep up on the car like he said he did. :(

yea, get everything checked out. I almost bought a TII, till I took it to the Mazda dealership and found it had low compression and the odometer had been rolled back. Still pulled like a mofo though. Then I just bought one 3 years later. That one never ran, but I knew it didnt when I bought it. Fun cars, id definitely get another one. And of those forums, Id reccomend teamfc3s.. rx7club has a lot of people.. and a lot of mean people on it, not a good n00b forum, unless youre just gonna search.. and nopistons is kinda slow.

pic whore:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back