The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Reversing BOV???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSTdOff

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 30, 2003
Florence, Arizona
I read somewhere that reversing the stock 2g BOV can allow the car to run more PSI w/o the BOV leaking. Anyone know if its true and if so, how exactly is it done??

yeah dont even mess with the 2gen bov, just get a 1st gen if your looking for cheap or quick way to hold more boost.

GSTdOff said:
I read somewhere that reversing the stock 2g BOV can allow the car to run more PSI w/o the BOV leaking. Anyone know if its true and if so, how exactly is it done??

i have done this on my eclipse...... it does work and it sounds pretty cool to boot (thats the ricer in me speaking) but yeah i just bought my 1g off ebay this morning it is the cheapest best way to go.

actually, doing this would make the 2G bov function just like the HKS bov. So... it may just hold more boost. Just take it out, and turn 90 degress, and plug back in again.

I just turned my BOV 90 degrees coutnerclockwise and the cars idle would surge. Is this because the recirculation hose wasnt on? I couldn't fit it to recirculate back into the intake like stock. Do you guys who do this mod have the same problem?? Do you guys leave the recirculation hose off and vent it to the atmosphere or do you buy a flex-a-hose to re route it?? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Oh i see!! Thank you so much for this info it is greatly appreciated!!

Ok I tried switching the outlet and inlet like 92awddsm said, but the BOV outlet wouldn't fit into the intercooler pipe and the inlet wouldn't fit into the intake. Can someone take a picture of a reversed BOV or give me some direction here? :dsm:

Anyone??

I searched before I posted, but couldn't find a thing! Anyone have the thread or anyone know how its done??

I've done it ages ago it works fine and gives no other problems! i have run it as high as 25 psi boost and they dont leak why spend $40 if you dont have to! :thumb:

Ok, someone has to have instructions/knowledge on how to do this. HELP!!

do a search under "angry chicken" or something like that, I know it involves upset chickens. . . that is the common name of this modification. I saw it in action at the Hood River run by NWDSM. It sure sounded lame, but i guess he said it held more boost. . . using his (enter lamo brand boost guage here) gauge he determined it did indeed hold more boost.

but i would bet that the ammount of time you have already spent trying to make this work, you could have mowed enough lawns to buy a friken 1g bov and just be better off. . . just an observation.

Oh, and dont forget to mention El Hamacho the winingest #### fighter in all of mexican history. when you respond to this thread. OMG

i guess they didnt like it when i typed ####, so we shall use caulk instead. thank you.

the "angry pigeon" mod, is actually a mod you do to the 1G BOV to make it hold more boost then it already does. an alternative to "crushing" the BOV, a more efficient one

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back