The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

[RESOLVED] torque converter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6 bolt dreams

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2007
danielson, Connecticut
just need a little help here if the part number is the same then why wont the torque converter from my 91 f4a22 wont fit in my f4a33?? it doesnt seem to be clicking in far enough? if i put it in the f4a22 it sits in a good inch but in the f4a33 it only sits in about one half inch may be three eights of an inch. what am i missing here??WTF:banghead:

correction in the f4a22 after hearing the 2 clicks it sits in 9/16ths and in the f4a33 its only 1/4 inch. THe shaft inside the f4a22 is 2 11/16ths where as the shaft in the f4a33 is 3 1/8.

and the answer is no my local parts stores fail at life, they're different. thanks to forced induction motor sports they always come through for me having parts and being open late.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back