The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

[RESOLVED] torque converter question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jram53

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 1, 2008
Las Vegas, Nevada
ok well i was comparing my old torque converter with the one that came in another trans i bought...my old converter (which does not work) has no markings but the other one the one i'll be using has a "3X" stamped on it in black ink i dont know if its the way stock converters come or is it that it got serviced? i ask because my old one was the stock converter and it does not have it so im clueless someone please enlighten me i need help :dsm: (by the way satan was no help they did not even want to tell me what gear oil i should use in my transfer case-i figured that out though)

Mine has an "LK" stamped on it with blank ink. It also has a "V" written on it with that factory white paint they use to mark bolts and TPS sensors connections. Not sure what it all means. Maybe the factory it came from?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back