The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

[RESOLVED] Injectors not pulsing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHEARER_TSI

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 23, 2008
Oil City, Pennsylvania
A friend of mine has been putting a new motor in his car, as the other motor was bad. Today we finally finished up and went to start it up. It wouldnt start, so we started looking for issues.

We took 4 bottles and set them in front of the injectors and tried to turn it over. There is no fuel coming from any of the injectors. Fuel is however making it to the rail with no issue.

Sound Simple? Wait, theres more..

This car has a modified automatic transmission harness in it instead of a manual transmission harness because they really arent that easy to come by..

With the old motor in the car, it would start and run and everything worked, but after we did the swap, its not working. So i dont think that there is a fault in the harness modification. It looks like we have everything hooked up, but perhaps we're missing something.

Can someone possibly give any suggestion to make this damn thing run?

i have a clue...... well what year is the harness?? and i assume ## still running the stock ecu?

because , if you are check your Translator plug by your intake cam and make sure its pluged in, also check the pins inside the female part and make sure they look "closed" enough to make proper contact to the actual translator package itself... i had this prob hount me for a week, it was just the fact that the plug had been messed with so much the pins were too loose,k

ALSO if they are close together then look into finding a spare translator unit.

plus double check ## wireing, u said you hacked it a little bit?
did you use but connectors or solder or what form of re-attaching the wires?

What translator are you speaking of exactly? I did not do the hacking I just have to clean up the mess :( Not sure what year the harness it for...if I had to guess I would say 93 (7 BOLT) we put a motor out of a 91 (6 BOLT) in it...could that somehow be the problem?

well .... it "should" on the drivers side bolted to the head right below the STOCK fuel press. reg. its black on a brass lookin bracket and it should have 5 pins for the 91.5 and older or 7 pins in it.. for the 91.5 and newer to my under standing... the wire harness changed from the 90.91 when they did the 91.5 92 stuff its kinda a bi*** to work around but ull understand what i mean once you see it

I think he meant transistor, not translator. The power transistor on the back of the engine on the driver's side just below the coil pack. Make sure it's plugged in. anything having to do with the auto trans harness shouldn't affect the running of the engine. Does your check engine light come on for about 5 seconds then shut off when you turn the key to the "run " position? If so, your ECU should be working. I would look at the CAS, that's what triggers the injectors.

I think he meant transistor, not translator. The power transistor on the back of the engine on the driver's side just below the coil pack. Make sure it's plugged in. anything having to do with the auto trans harness shouldn't affect the running of the engine. Does your check engine light come on for about 5 seconds then shut off when you turn the key to the "run " position? If so, your ECU should be working. I would look at the CAS, that's what triggers the injectors.

beat me to it haha:thumb:

well u could test the cas... read this http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/271979-cas-testing.html

Well it's been about 2 yers since I have had to mess with any of this stuff and I just want to make sure I am doing it correctly. I tried a lot of this stuff last night but I just wanted to reassure myself that I was doing it correctly.

Well it's been about 2 yers since I have had to mess with any of this stuff and I just want to make sure I am doing it correctly. I tried a lot of this stuff last night but I just wanted to reassure myself that I was doing it correctly.

so you havent TUNED ## car in two years:confused: or you havnt been in the dsm game for 2 years... anyway im not trying to ### a fuss just thought id bring it up...:beatentodeath:

um my car is not running it is still getting fab work done at Ron Shearers...so I have not done any dsm repairs in 2 years....I drive an evo all I have to do is put gas in it and change the oil...plus having the wrong engine harness in the car does not help with about 8 misc connectors that may or may not be used does not help. The guy who put it in had to jump pins to the ecu etc to get it to work, something I would have never done.

oh wow so the motor and wire harness and ecu are all different years... well sound like you need to look into the swap ecu/ wire harness forms, and some pictures would be helpfull about these misc. connectors...

Make sure you haven't swapped the injector resistor connector with one of the others of the same type. I forget which but I think on a 90 the ISC and injector resistor plugs are in the same general area and will swap.

Do you have spark?

i really wish SHEARER_TSI would be more pacific on this form.... i mean its just not for you and when other ppl try and DO THERE OWN research they like to find answers not oh well it was just a broken wire:banghead: .... so next time be more pacific.... thanks.

Well I am not sure what to say, there was a broken wire located about 10 inches from the transistor. Not sure on the color that was at 1 AM, I will check today and give you the wire color. Oh and you wish I was more specific not pacific unless you wish I was from the left coast.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back