The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Rear suspension

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1quicklaser

Probationary Member
Jun 13, 2010
Elizabethton, Tennessee
My laser is in the process of being turned into a track car because I have a new daily driver and just want to see how much more I can pull out of the laser on its current setup. I've been looking at a few different ways to stiffen up the rear suspension to keep weight transfer to a minimum. I've heard alot of people using coil spring boosters which are little rubber blocks placed in between the coils. I was looking online and found something called "spring locks" Do you think these would work for raising the rear a little and stiffening it up? Keep in mind this car will not see any street driving.

Superior Automotive/4 rear adjustable two way Spring-Lox sets | Coil Spring Booster | AutoZone.com

If your in the process of turning it into a track car so I'm assuming your going to be doing suspension work all the way around. Go with the best/stiffest spring/strut combo. Full poly urethane bushings kit, sway bars etc and I'm sure you will have NO problems.

I have KYB AGX's with sprint springs 17 inch rims with 225/45/17 tires. Front and rear strut bars and poly urethane control arm bushings and I acty feel like drive on rails..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back