1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Rear hatch washer sprayer delete plug?

Posted by Funfettie, Aug 25, 2013

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. Funfettie

Funfettie Proven Member

Joined Sep 19, 2011
    Menomonie, Wisconsin
    So im working on deleting my antenna, rear wiper and hatch windshield washer nozzle. I found a Honda plug that will work for the antenna and wiper blade, but I was wondering if anyone has found a plug for the sprayer? Any ideas?
    Thanks guys and gals!
    Tanner

Street Build 402  1

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM

Street Build 2K  5

awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. ninja07

ninja07 Proven Member

Joined Dec 7, 2009
    antioch, Tennessee
    Personally, I would just leave it all in place until you"re ready for a paint job. Then, delete it correctly.

272  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  3. Funfettie

Funfettie Proven Member

Joined Sep 19, 2011
    Menomonie, Wisconsin
    I like the idea, but my car was just recently painted, maybe a year ago.. I wish i would have thought of these deletes before. Im ok with the black plug look, it doesnt stand out that much IMO.

Street Build 402  1

awd · automatic · 2G DSM

Street Build 2K  5

awd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. TeamRPM

TeamRPM Probationary Member

Joined Sep 3, 2012
    alanson, Michigan
    as long as the "plug" you have fits in place nicely you can do that and it works just fine.

ninja makes a valid point, the better option would be to weld and do a proper body fill.

but it is your car. and if your paint is rather fresh then just go with the plug. iv done it and it keeps
    out the water just fine just as long as its the right size :D

*face palm* also noticed you were asking mainly of the sprayer... sorry i havent found one

but then again i never looked. alot of parts stores carry plugs and grommets and such. maybe swing in
    to your local parts store and see what they have

5. Funfettie

Funfettie Proven Member

Joined Sep 19, 2011
    Menomonie, Wisconsin
    Ill have to do that and report back with my findings! Thanks for the advice though, i didnt know parts stores had that kind of inventory. To the parts store!!!

Street Build 402  1

awd · automatic · 2G DSM

Street Build 2K  5

awd · manual · 2G DSM
  6. TeamRPM

TeamRPM Probationary Member

Joined Sep 3, 2012
    alanson, Michigan
    not all parts stores but some. if not there it may sound weird. but get your measurments and try the hardware store. haha

7. 1997_GSX

1997_GSX Proven Member

Joined Jul 29, 2008
    Keyser, West Virginia
    Ace Hardware keeps small plugs in their bins, measure the hole and see what you can find.

727  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    automatic · 2G DSM