1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Project 2g Talon ESi

Year:
Model/Trim:
Eagle Talon N/T
Please Support VR Speed Factory
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. randomquickness

randomquickness Probationary Member

Joined Jan 26, 2016
    Cedar Park, Texas

77  1

1996 Eagle Talon N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. randomquickness

Joined Jan 26, 2016
    Cedar Park, Texas
    After finally getting it home in TX after spending its entire life in Virginia, it's time to get to work!

So far I've installed a new battery and driver's exterior door handle (the old one was broken/missing.)

New lift back struts get delivered today, and I have a dash kit to clean up the hack job head unit install.

Next on the list is replace the serpantine belt and ensure it is tight enough as the current one is slipping and getting smokey if I rev over 4k. I replaced the tensioner pulley about 3 years ago and installed a new belt at that time but I don't think it was tight enough.

77  1

1996 Eagle Talon N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. randomquickness

Joined Jan 26, 2016
    Cedar Park, Texas
    and did I buy something completely out of order? Of course I did. I found a deal on a set of Kosei K1-TS wheels in 17x8 +35. Supposedly they weigh in at about 15 lbs each so the next best thing to RPF1. I will pick them up on Friday and see what kind of condition they're in. Supposedly straight and true but I'm betting the finish will need to be redone. I may look for a hook up on stripping and powder coating them since it will probably be a while before I get the suspension sorted and tires for them.

77  1

1996 Eagle Talon N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM