The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

NewtoDsm/1g

Turbo N/A or No, leave stock drive the it like crazy , or get it running then turbo, street whip,

• Yes turbo

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Nah to much work

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Yes leave stock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah. Make it be able to disappear

• Yes street whip

• No. Dragg

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeandthe921g

Probationary Member
Jun 14, 2019
Greenfield, Oklahoma
Names Mike's got my first dsm and I'm excited . She was give to me needed a starter to run(working on that) ofc she 4g63 she's a base model 92 fwd 2.0l.... few major questions...
1.what should be deleted asap
2. Make turbo (goal of 350-450). Real Budget build
3. Things I need to do so I don blow I up when adding boost...
4. Good place for budget friendly parts?

Welcome to the forum!

Personally, I wouldn't try to do a "budget 350-450" turbo conversion build, it will end in disappointment and a junked car. If money is tight, save up while enjoying the car as-is, then when you've done aaaaaaall your research and are ready to put the car under the knife with the nice parts collection you get from that saved money, do it properly. You'll enjoy the car more and it will be much more successful than a budget build/conversion.

To properly do a turbo conversion to a GS (2.0 N/A 1G) you have to change pretty much everything over to turbo spec stuff. Wiring harness (technically you can add the wires needed), all hard parts ( turbo, exhaust, manifolds, intercooler pieces etc.) And you will only be able to get away with mild boost as the N/A pistons won't put up with long term abuse like the turbo pistons will.

Please don't do the hack job attempt that results in a poor running and eventually broken car, do it once, do it right. I would start researching N/A-N/T turbo conversions first, see how much work it will be for you and decide if it's an undertaking you want to consider.

What are you wanting to delete? If the car works well and has functioning everything, I wouldn't change that right now. As an N/A you won't see a ton of benefit by removing things, unless you want to make the car less-drivable.
EGR, charcoal can can technically be removed, but I doubt you'd see a benefit and if you have emissions checks then it make the car difficult to pass them.

Set a goal, save money and build a car you're proud of, and don't be in a big hurry to have a turbo setup for the "cool" factor.

Lastly, welcome again and be sure to ask questions, we're all here to help! And posting in complete, coherent sentences will also aid in getting good info on here. Be sure to fill out a vehicle profile when you get a chance so we can all see what is current on the car, and have fun! :thumb:

O I got it from my wife's uncle he wanted to turn into a trike I couldn't lw happen... So he finally just gave it to me so far I had to take the AC off because the pulley literally was broke so I was likemight as well just doing a c delete igs and yes egr mainly.. I guess hasn't been running in the years... I agree.... ... Meed compete over haul o front end any ideas

I hate to be naggy about it, but proper grammar will get you alot farther on the forum, and I have a very hard time reading your posts due to the poor structure and lack of punctuation.

If by the "front end" you mean suspension and steering, I'd recommend doing: front subframe bushing kit, control arm bushings, balljoints and tierods (inner and outer), upper strut mounts if needed and axles if needed. Add and alignment in and you'll be in good shape.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back