The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

New TC... But what stall ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr96GSX408

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 14, 2002
Bay Area/Central Coast, California
I have a 2g AWD ... got almost the whole alphabet soup of mods...
its a partial daily driver, i dont drive it too often enough to mind...

I'm thinking of a 3800 stall, some buddies recommend 4000 rpm and say it's definately streetable. Although his car isn't a daily, haha.

I'm currently running a t28killer, planning on going BIG like a L2R or some version of a 50trim...

What do you guys think?

I'm in the same boat. I'm going to get cams and a magnus intake later this year. I definitely am going with a higher stall convertor.
My car is my daily driver, so I'm curious as to the streetability of a 3,800 or 4,000 stall.

Realistically, there is very little difference in performance and streetability between a 3800 rpm converter and a 4000 rpm converter.

Remember, advertised stall speed is just a guideline anyway. The same converter can stall at two different rpms in two different cars, depending on torque output, vehicle weight, gearing, etc.

A properly designed converter in the 4000 rpm neighborhood should still be pretty streetable.

-John
Owner, import performance trans

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back