The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

New Rims, two different Offsets

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunp

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 11, 2008
Snellville, Georgia
I recently bought a set of Menzari Inferno wheels, they are 17x7.5. I noticed that two of the Rims have a 35 offset and two have a 45 offset. The rims have been discontinued for about 6 years and it took me forever to find four. Would someone be able explain the offsets and if it will be an issue if I decided to stay with the two different Offsets? These are going on a 98 GSX.
Thanks
Shaun

you will have no issue with offset other than one set of rims poking out more the other. (35 offset is slightly aggressive but you shouldn't have an issue with a 7.5in rim)

For looks, put the lower offset in the rear. Will look like an aggressive RWD car.

For better handling, put the lower offset in the front to increase track width.

This is assume you put the same size tires on all of the rims. offset only affects how far the rims sticks out or not. Keep the same size tire on all 4 corners.

put the lower offset in front so people think you're fwd and you can skuuuurt at the track
(also the post above answers all, the only other point of point lower offset in front that i could figure is deception)

Thanks guys! I was worried because the vendor never mentioned they would be two different offsets. The rims will be wrapped in some 225/45/17.

I sent an email to the vendor concerning the different offsets and he told me "They all have 45 offset. U nees to measure them from the backpad. The 35's were shaved to match". Has anyone ever heard of this? Does shaving a rim affect the structural integrity?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back