The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Mirage into Evo Conversion in Bay Area

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eClipse Grindin

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 3, 2002
Oakland, California
My friend is interested in doing a Mirage to Evo conversion and I was trying to convince him that he will be a MAJOR PIMP :cool: and that it all does work out pretty well becuase I've read about it on this forum and have seen some on the net. He just doesn't want to do the swap because it's too "messy". Are there any shops in the Bay Area that do swaps like this or have done some? Thanks.

*Edit: Conversion meaning engine, tranny and AWD drivetrain.*

eClipse Grindin said:
My friend is interested in doing a Mirage to Evo conversion and I was trying to convince him that he will be a MAJOR PIMP :cool: and that it all does work out pretty well becuase I've read about it on this forum and have seen some on the net. He just doesn't want to do the swap because it's too "messy". Are there any shops in the Bay Area that do swaps like this or have done some? Thanks.

*Edit: Conversion meaning engine, tranny and AWD drivetrain.*

expect to pay over 5000 not including the engine if u have someone else do it all...

since your in cali, i would bet on more than that too..

It would be one bad ass pimp swap though... Ive seen a bunch of FWD 4g63T in mirages... they are crazy fast, awd is going to be hard as I dont believe the US mirage has the right setup for AWD... I may be wrong but I think the chassis is differen than the evo 4-6's depending on wha tyear mirage...

the newer years you have to put a 4g63T from a EVO in which alone is prolly 5-10k for the motor... then 5 more thousand for the swap

It would be possible to use a DSM 6-Bolt for the swap too. Am I correct?

eClipse Grindin said:
It would be possible to use a DSM 6-Bolt for the swap too. Am I correct?
depends on the year... 97 and up I believe is the 1.8 mirages and all have the motors turned around like the EVO's... i know the 1996 and before you can put a 6-bolt in yes...

what year was the mirage? and how much did the swap cost? tell your friend he's better off just getting an awd DSM :p seems to me as it would be cheaper

I've heard of blacktrax. A prelude and a wrx done by them goes to my college.

My friend does want a AWD DSM so he's already set. :thumb:

Is he looking for 1g or 2g? mayb you can take a mirage shell and slap it on.. then get some evo bodykits.. LOL.. :p

He wants a 1g cuz he's broke and he thinks they are "all powerful". I ain't mad at him ;) .

The Mirage is basically a watered down Evo anyway so Evo body kits would work and make it look close to, if not exactly, like an Evo. I saw a Mirage coupe with complete Evo body with lights and he also had the 4g36 FWD on cardomain. It was sick. I'll see if I can find the pics.

yeah, I've seen a few driving around san jose every now and then. One white one that isn't quite finished. I know I've seen another one though it was so long ago I don't even remember what color :rolleyes: Hey, in a few months *crosses fingers* I'll be joining the awd camp. :cool: :D

Anything is possible.With a little will,energy,and craziness,it is possilbe.My Colt is AWD and it's beyond pimp.But mines only an 89.Took me a month. Look at my sig picture.Time and effort.BTW that Mirage is FWD.

are those Evo 7 or 8 headlights? That is crazy!

eClipse Grindin said:
Congrats! :thumb: 1g or 2g?
2ga most likely... I'm attracted to curves >8D 2ga is cheaper and I'll just do a bumper conversion for a few hundred dollars instead of the whole car for a few thousand. It'll be more of a weekend warrior, so I won't have to worry too much about... you know... :barf: and from what I've been reading "big C" doesn't rear his crusty hidious green eyed face as often as most people make it seem. And hey, since my 1.8L will be a daily driver, if my 2g does decide to :barf: itself, it'll be a 6 bolt swap project car. Question though, will they even notice a 6 bolt in a 2g at a smog place? What do I have to worry about regarding awd and smog. I heard something bout awd not needing smog because it can't.

Yeah. I heard they don't have to either becuause no one has a roller for AWD. So I guess that means only visual.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back