1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Mirage Coupe

Vehicle:
1993 Mitsubishi Mirage
Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. Cameron Morison

Cameron Morison Probationary Member

Joined Nov 12, 2018
    Christchurch, New Zealand

265  6

1993 Mitsubishi Mirage
    awd · manual · 4G63t Swapped
  2. Cameron Morison

Cameron Morison Probationary Member

Joined Nov 12, 2018
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Recently got my new gearbox built. Its a PAR straight cut gearset, using synchromesh engagement from Evo2/3 in an Evo3 gearbox casing. The double synchro 3/4 gears makes shifting much faster, it just slips into gear without any complaint. They rate the gearbox at 740ft.lb, and at my 500hp level Im around 475 ft.lb so there is a bit of head room in their rating meaning it should be a good strong gearbox all going well.

Now that I can wind the boost up a bit more the car certainly comes alive, its a different machine compared to being on low boost, quite addictive. Now I am starting to work on some other pieces like improving the oiling. The extra speed is now placing more and more strain on the oiling system and I would rather not wait till I damage a motor to fix it, I will make some modifications and then look at the oil pressure data again.

Here are a couple vids of the car on track

265  6

1993 Mitsubishi Mirage
    awd · manual · 4G63t Swapped
    donk likes this.