The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Manifold differential pressure sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1997 Eclipse

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 3, 2003
Manila, Asia
I have just purchased a extrude Honed 2G intake manifold. The difference between my an the extrude honed one is that the extude hone one has the Manifold differential pressure sensor located on the top section on the manifold. My original intake manifold does not have the Manifold differential pressure sensor located on the top. My questions are as follows:

1. Are the Manifold differential pressure sensor all located on the same spot? If not
where else?
2. What is the Manifold differential pressure sensor for?
3. What do I do with the area if I don't have a Manifold differential pressure sensor?
(maybe because I live outside of the US????) - block it off

Yes there is the same place on every 2G.

Not sure what it's for but probably emissions.

Block it off.

The differential pressure system, as I understand it, is used to control EGR valve function. It senses the difference between manifold pressure and barometric pressure, and operates relay or solenoid that'll open the EGR valve when it deems necessary.

That was what it was used for on my 96 Mustang GT (OBD-II), not sure if that transfers to the DSM world, but I would think it does.

the purpose of the sensor is so that the ecu can check for proper operation of the egr valve, when the ecu commands the egr "on" it expects to see a corresponding drop in vacuum level, and this is where the map sensor comes in, if it does'nt see the proper drop in vacuum level then it will flag a check engine light, letting you or your mechanic know that the emissions are'nt working right due to clogging, or disconnection, or whatever..... :dsm:

Seems like it is for emissions control. As that is not required here,
I will just block it off. Than ks for the imput.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back