The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A MAF/MAP COMBO MS3XTRA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisher83

Proven Member
Aug 23, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
So here is my set up: 10.5:1 comp, plan on running my 14b at around 10-12 psi with pump gas (hopefully) with the right tune. I have audi/volkswagon 4 pin logic cop set up. My ms3 came with the nipple for a MAP that I soldered into the ms3 board, but I also read that I can control just about anything I want to with it. So my question is, will a single map sensor on the 420a be enough to get an accurate tune or should I go stand alone maf, maf/map combo or dual maps? If ia single map is suffices, should I wire in the stock map, or use the one thats installed on my ms3? Keep in mind id like to keep it on pump gas and try to avoid wet/meth if at all possible. Any tips/tricks in the right direction would be great. It is not instled right now so I have no specs on what my car is doing. This is a pre install question so I can have it done now instead of doing it later on down the road. Thanks.

The single MAP should be sufficient. You want to use the MS MAP sensor, because the stock 420A sensor can't read boost.

The map sensor on the ms unit itself is all you need. It runs on speed density which doesn't use a maf.

Was figuring on the ms map, its a 2.5bar sensor. I Wasnt sure if I could get more tune ability with a pre and post turbo map. Also, should I use the stock location for the map or relocate?

The map sensor for the Megasquirt is on the main board so you will need to run a tube to it.

The way I did this was just tapped into a nipple on the intake manifold with some vacuum hose, attached that to a piece of brake line to get it through the fire wall and then another piece of vac hose to the ms unit.

My ms is in the glovebox.

When I eventually get my new tucked wire harness made I will be using a bulk head nipple to get the hose through the fire wall.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back