The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Logger question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsmersam661

Probationary Member
Dec 23, 2011
Bakersfield, California
Hey guys,

I am having a lean issue along with random cut outs in my 1g. Basic mods, 190, 560ccs,afpr 3 inch turbo back with afc. Have wide band and just got a logger.

First question is the "pump" value that it shows on the mmcd, is it accurate? Mine shows it bouncing around but under WOT the logger shows 9.3v

Second, this all started when I ran my car extremly low on gas,next day started cutting out at random times,and when it wouldnt cut out it would drive just fine. Under wot however, its running lean at 12.4 afs.

So far, I have replaced, Fuel pump with a brand new 190 along with screen, Changed to oem fpr,new fuel filter,different mass, different injectors.

Before i started to have these problems, my afs were locked at 10.9 through the whole rpm range. and the car ran perfect.

Im still trying to figure out how to sync my logger with my new laptop, I just got this logger from 1glink. But from what I have told you guys, any ideas?

No cels btw

Hey guys,

I am having a lean issue along with random cut outs in my 1g. Basic mods, 190, 560ccs,afpr 3 inch turbo back with afc. Have wide band and just got a logger.

First question is the "pump" value that it shows on the mmcd, is it accurate? Mine shows it bouncing around but under WOT the logger shows 9.3v

Second, this all started when I ran my car extremly low on gas,next day started cutting out at random times,and when it wouldnt cut out it would drive just fine. Under wot however, its running lean at 12.4 afs.

So far, I have replaced, Fuel pump with a brand new 190 along with screen, Changed to oem fpr,new fuel filter,different mass, different injectors.

Before i started to have these problems, my afs were locked at 10.9 through the whole rpm range. and the car ran perfect.

Im still trying to figure out how to sync my logger with my new laptop, I just got this logger from 1glink. But from what I have told you guys, any ideas?

No cels btw

Check you plugs and gaps and see if you are running too rich and look to see if the connection side of the plug is burned (not getting a good connection from the wires) Clean/replace and regap plugs to .028 or slightly less as they will gap larger as they wear. Check for any boost/vacuum leaks and should be good to go. If that does not do it, post any other symptoms you may find.

There isn't a sensor for pump in reality. What your seeing is the value of memory location 0xe7 displayed as if it was a voltage.

MAP, OILP, EGT, OILT, FUEL, WBO2, PLEN, and PUMP don't really exist on a DSM, there are in MMCd for some special hardware the last guy to hack on the source was going to build to add additional sensors.

There isn't a sensor for pump in reality. What your seeing is the value of memory location 0xe7 displayed as if it was a voltage.

MAP, OILP, EGT, OILT, FUEL, WBO2, PLEN, and PUMP don't really exist on a DSM, there are in MMCd for some special hardware the last guy to hack on the source was going to build to add additional sensors.

Perfect answer.

Yeah, It doesnt have any boost leaks/vacum leaks. What I did today was try another ecu, same thing still running lean under wot. So a way to get around it for now, is i put the stock mass air back on opposed to the 2g. Since its 20% less air flow, I'm able to actually tune with the afc to dial in my air fuels, logger shows zero knock. I know the problem is not fixed,but its fine for now with stock intake hose and stock mass. Tomorrow morning after We open presents I'm gonna pull my plugs, I didnt think that could be the problem because I just put new Ngks and 7es gapped at .27 few weeks ago. But will check it out for shits.

If you put the 1G MAF back in the car, you will have to add about 23% on the AFC so you don't run lean. This will def. make you fuel cut really fast, and make the car pretty slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back