The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Is this a Scam???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I use mitsubishiparts.com and I think its just a dealer with the same kind of auto grouping in Washington. But they also have always been able to get me what I need, sometimes they have to bring it in from the warehouse, so I imagine all the Mitsu dealers are linked up that way. I'm sure its a legit site and will do just fine, check out mitsubishiparts.com and compare pricings. You could always use STM, extreme, jnz or any other big vendor on this site, they usually have a section for oem parts.

They are a group of dealerships, I have ordered from them. Fast shipping and great service but without calling first, you may get an email or call back if a part has been discontinued or is out of stock FYI.

Thats a fine website to use. Just remember most parts are not "oem" anymore as they don't make parts for our cars anyways. Most will be outsources oe parts. Theres tons of venders that can sell you oem like quality parts.

I haven't used them, but it looks similar to mitsubishipartswarehouse.com whom I have used. If so, they are real OEM parts, and Southwest auto group is probably just another Mitsubishi dealer who has ventured into online sales. The one I use is just a dealership in Florida. They are linked together as all dealerships would be, and if Japan is no longer exporting the part you need, they will source it from stock found in other dealerships across the US.

PS: The physical address is right there on the site, so it should be pretty simple to confirm the validity of the site.

Extremepsi is the place where im buying all the parts . Because they are down the road of where i live. Jnz takes kinda long gettin the parts to theyre place and shipping.... Ill try this website

To me, at least, these types of websites are common place and I've been using them since I joined DSMtuners.

I guess it's interesting to see that people have very different habits when logged on. Some folks scour the classifieds and ignore the tech, others only play in the hangout, and others avoid it like the plague. But there's more diversity yet, those currently shopping, those currently dreaming and those that are just in way over their heads!

I always find it interesting when a new member presents some piece of information that is new with regards to the community, his and my browsing habits must differ. I spend waaay too much time on here - absorbing all that I can, while others are doing the same thing but learning about entirely different materials, right down to the application...yet all centered around the DSM.

tl;dr
Those sites have been around for a long while and used widely by the community. No biggie.

I just bought a clutch retaining sleeve from them not too long ago. Took them forever to ship it, and sent a tiny part in an obnoxiously large box, but seemed like a legit mitsu part. But you're right, they literally have every part under the sun for our cars LOL.

I see a bunch of comments on shipping times for OEM parts. We get comments with everything thing from "Unbelievably fast--I had the part the next day!" to "Oh, it took them a long time to get the part out".

After working with Mitsubishi since 1997, I think I can explain the subject with some authority.

You're *never* going to find a place, dealer or otherwise, that is going to ship every part you order, every time, immediately after you order it--no one has that kind of inventory. And I mean *NO ONE*. I don't care who it is.

Here's how it works realistically:

--You order your part.

--If said part is in said dealer/shop's inventory, and providing the place offers good customer service, the item will be shipped that day, or the following (depending on when you order and when their shipping gets picked up).

--Shipping time will then depend on dealer/shop's location in relation to your location, and your chosen method of shipping. If you live in Maine, and are having the part shipped from California, if you use FedEx or UPS Ground, you can expect the part to take 5 days in shipping.

You can use the below map to check your location vs. theirs and transit time via FedEx/UPS Ground (Next Day Air and Two Day air are somewhat self-explanatory):

FedEx Ground | Ground Transit Information | Ground Service Maps

Here's where it becomes a little more involved.

--If said part is NOT in said dealer/shop's inventory (or any part of your order--just like a chain is only as strong as its weakest link--your order will only ship as fast as the part that takes longest to obtain), they will have to obtain it from one of the three Mitsubishi parts distribution centers in the US. There aren't warehouses all over the US. Simply just *THREE* warehouses in the US that supply the whole nation with their parts. These are located in Los Angeles, CA, Atlanta, GA, and Swedesboro, NJ. These supply everyone else in the US.

Now, all three do NOT have everything that Mitsubishi makes in the same amounts.

Let's go with an easy one--MD326059. Your standard timing belt. Since this fits cars from 1990 through 2006, and is heavily sold, Mitsubishi brings a ton of these in the country. If for some really rare reason we, for example, didn't have these sitting on the shelf (which we do 99.9% of the time) we would have to order it in. When we place the order, it would be pulled out of the closest warehouse to us that has it in stock. In this case, it would be the Swedesboro, NJ warehouse which we receive our parts from in a little over a day (I.E., if we place an order Monday night @ 6pm, we would receive it Wednesday morning to be able to ship it Wednesday (meaning they ship it Tuesday if we place the order late Monday). Parts like this are easy even if we don't have it in stock as they have huge amounts of inventory on hand in all 3 warehouses of this part.

Now we'll look at a hard one--MR199811. This is a 2G sunroof weatherstrip. We've had a run on these lately here, and have been keeping an eye on inventory as they're running low. This part there are actually *0* in the NJ warehouse, 1 in the GA warehouse, and 2 in the CA warehouse. If have to order one of these in, it would be sent to us from the GA warehouse (once again, the closest automatically gets sent) and it would take about 3 days to come in (Mitsubishi typically uses UPS---which would take the same amount of time as shown in the FedEx map I've provided the link for above). If we needed two of them, one would ship from GA taking three days, and one would ship from CA which takes 4-5 days.

If you're talking about a dealer in California or Washington, the converse would be true. If it were in stock in the CA warehouse it would take a little over a day (where it's 4-5 for us), but if it were in the NJ warehouse, it would take them 4-5 days to get (where it's 1 day for us).

As for the part that our competitor took a while to get for one of the prior posters in this thread (MD716349--Clutch Release Bearing Retainer Sleeve), I have to (unwillingly? Hahaha ;-) ) defend them in this case to be completely fair. Running a search on that part number in Mitsubishi's inventory (which also shows dealer stock across the US--all of them--over 500 of them) it shows a total of....*2* dealers that stock that part anywhere in the US. *2*. So no matter where you ordered it (unless you happen to have one of those two dealers as your local dealer), it would have taken a while for them to get it in from the warehouse for you.

As much as I love these cars, I have to admit that they're getting older and rarer every day. Not only do most dealerships not stock parts for them any longer, but Mitsubishi is bringing less inventory over for them all of the time.

That in itself is another great aspect of this wonderful industry. If there's a part that Mitsubishi doesn't have in inventory in the US (I.E., *0*), which happens more than I'd like, it can take anywhere from 30-90 days until they load it on the next container ship in Japan with their shipment, it travels across the Pacific, makes its way through customs, inventoried at one (or multiple) of their warehouses, and then ship it to us. We go through this constantly with the Evo JDM Double-Din panels which are typically pre-ordered by customers to the point where the whole incoming order is sold weeks before we ever see them. They come in on a random morning once every 30-90 days and are all shipped out by close of that business day.

If you have something you need that's very time sensitive, your best bet is to call your order in and to ask the lead time to get the parts out, as we can check our inventory or Mitsubishi's (if it's not something we have in stock) ahead of time.

This info is just something to keep in mind before complaining or complimenting a business on your next OEM parts order.

I just bought a clutch retaining sleeve from them not too long ago. Took them forever to ship it, and sent a tiny part in an obnoxiously large box, but seemed like a legit mitsu part. But you're right, they literally have every part under the sun for our cars LOL.

If they're anything like us (and most dealers are), they're recycling boxes. If that was the smallest box they had on hand, they ended up using it. Unless it's over 17"x17"x17" it costs no more or no less than a 1"x1"x1" box and goes by weight, so they (and you) wouldn't have paid any more or less to ship that box.

Unfortunately, with something like OEM parts, it's not feasible to order boxes in custom sizes to fit every part due to the low profit margins.

We try to use the smallest boxes for a part that we can, but some days we have to deal with what we have on the pile. :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back