The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Interesting info from high boost forums..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redliner_x

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 22, 2010
Waverly, Tennessee
You could also just get an openport 2.0 cable($180) , download ecuflash and evo scan($25) then flash and datalog your current ecu.

Which ever way you decide to go, make sure you have an idea of what you are doing and the proper monitering in place, ie. wideband.

There is the capablilty later of running an iat and map in place of the maf with ceddy mods flashed to the ecu.

Yes!, this is what myself and all of my buddies are using WITH the maftpro for wideband tracking backing it up, closest thing to full standalone that is out there, and of course the processor in the flash based ecu is surface mount and is a MUCH faster processor than some of the current offerings out there actually, we regularly see 100+ sample rates with the flash based versus 9-10 on some of the other stuff.

I recently converted a shootout buddy over to the flashable ecu, he bought the maftpro a couple years ago after seeing how well it worked in my car, and then after seeing the flashable with the maftpro he went straight home and got the flashable with all the cables! I think that one of the things that really sells alot of people is that I run BIG injectors and have no bottom on my throttle body at all (completely blocked off, no isc, no fiav) and I can reach in the window on a 50 degree day and bump the key and it starts right up with no surge or stalling and holds 1000 rpm to full warm up, no stalling at stop signs, no surging in town or stop lights, and NO MAF! I have yet to see any other system accomplish anything close to this and do it this well. Yes it did take some custom tuning which takes a little time to get it perfect, but its well worth every second that I have into it, and of course my maftpro is zero'd out, just using it for wideband tracking and the speed density conversion algorythms.

I have a 92 Plymouth Laser AWD and I have a maf pro all setup for SD but untuned. If I got an evo 8 ecu, evoflash, and evoscan could I do what they are talking about? -Tim

It would be kinda redundant to have Maf-pro running SD then run a Evo or H8 Ecu as You could just run SD natively.

But, simple answer would be yes you could do that... .But, Those posts are pretty dated FYI

They're talking about increasing the datalogging speed and sample rate by using the EVO ecu. The SD patch on the EVO ecu is a second rate home project compared to the SD conversion in MAFT pro, so they're combining the two so they have a nice SD conversion and nice datalogging. I have the MAFT Pro running SD in another car and it works great! Maft Pro has a true 3D VE table with great resolution vs the two 2D tables in the EVO patch.

I hate the SD program in the EVO ECU. No where near as nice as Dsmlink so I would imagine anything being better than that system.

They're talking about increasing the datalogging speed and sample rate by using the EVO ecu. The SD patch on the EVO ecu is a second rate home project compared to the SD conversion in MAFT pro, so they're combining the two so they have a nice SD conversion and nice datalogging. I have the MAFT Pro running SD in another car and it works great! Maft Pro has a true 3D VE table with great resolution vs the two 2D tables in the EVO patch.

Yes, I'm aware of the sample rates of the Flashable Ecu's and of the features of the Maf-pro. I ran one at one point before there where as many options an when it first came out.

Not a lot of people where even aware that you could program the Maf-pro SD maps
back then :) or even make adjustments Via a PC.

Still is Very redundant IMHO and those post are dated... .

As far as the Evo's 2d tables there is always the H8 ecu's(which is what the thread was in regards to begin with) or See below.

Speed Density 2.0 (3D VE Tables, Baro) - evolutionm.net

I hate the SD program in the EVO ECU. No where near as nice as Dsmlink so I would imagine anything being better than that system.

Not sure where ECMLink comes into this or needs too... . Just a good way to get OT. Regardless it's all really a matter of opinion there are plenty of EMS's out there that will all get the job done.

For reference,
The thread in question

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back