The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

I cant lock/unlock my doors from the outside!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sephroth57

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 7, 2002
Barnegat, New_Jersey
just randomly one day i lost function to locking/unlocking my doors from the outside. My power locks havent worked since i bought the car i always just used them manually. Well one day i locked my doors, i come back to get into my car and i can turn the key both ways but you dont feel that click like when youre turning the lock, it just turns in the keyhole and nothing happens. I had to crawl in through my trunk. And this is on both doors! anyone have any idea what to check for this?

Take off the door panels and look to see if the lock rod is still connected to the key cylinder. Did it happen to both doors at the same time, or just over time? I broke mine once when I washed my car in 5* weather and it seized up...I just used keyless though.

it happened to both doors at the same time. I never had locking problems then one day both doors wouldnt lock/unlock

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back