The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Help with 2g motor mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talontsiawd08

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 20, 2012
Chihuahua, Central_America
Hi friends, i have a tsi 1992 awd, I remove the motor mount of 1g and put a motor mount of 2g, the problem is that since I did that, the engine is more up on that side, I wanted to know if you can help me that my car looked the same as before remove the engine mount of 1g
Annex a picture to see ...
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Put the 1g mount back on. The mounts are different dimensions. Unless you cut the mount apart and modify and weld it, it will never line up.

I am willing to weld and do what has to be done to make it right, could tell me where I have to weld again aligns with the other support

I do not want solids engine mounts, i only want this support 2g ...
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It is already installed in the car, but is mounted on the side where the support is seen more upward on the other side

It's not going to work out well at all. Your going to have that angle because as said they are different dimensions. Just let go of that mount man and find the correct motor mount for your car. And use a urathane insert.

I've seen pictures of cars 1g, with 2g engine mount, so I asked if it was possible to know
where I have to weld the cap on the engine mount of 1g?????

Thanks

ok friend, I have more or less an idea, please if anyone has attached a support in a 1g 2g let me know
Thanks

Oswald

A 2g one WILL NOT work. It may look better but it WONT work. I bet you only have one bolt holding it to the motor bracket since the bolt holes dont line up either.

no, has the 3 bolts, my engine is 7 bolts and base of support is also 7 bolts, one that looks misaligned

you live in mexico,right? is that really hard to find a 1g motor mount overthere?
BTW,do I know you? your nick sounds familiar :hmm:

Oh yes, i am member of clubdsmmexico, hi betorke.
:hellyeah:

when you seen those pics of 1G cars with stubby driver side motor mount, those pics were all a 1g mount that was cut and modified to be stubby 2G style. none of those pics you saw were a 2G driver side mount in a 1G car. like everyone ^ has said, "it wont work". this is true. if i were you id run the 1G mount and modify it to your likings.

good-luck.

Thank you very much friends, I really would have liked to put 2g support, I'll put the 1g and I will modify my taste
Regards

Oswald

It takes a little more cutting, but you can also cut off right above the power steering pump. Just be sure to mark off or remember the necessary holes and you can pretty much eliminate the rest. I ran mine over a grinder and rounded off the top and threw some paint on it and it looks just fine. Good luck, man! Things really get fun when you start playing cut and paste instead of just drag and drop :thumb:

you will have a picture of how your support?????
is just to give me an idea
Regards

Oswald

It looks super good
what is better?????
Avid or Drop enginering?????

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back