The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

1G HATCH SEAL- 3000GT/STEALTH IN A 1G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sadly, the 1G hatch seal is no longer in production, and its also a pain in the ass to find a good, used one these days. I happened to be in the junk yard this morning, and found a Stealth with a perfect hatch seal and said to myself, what the hell, this looks to be the same extrusion as the 1G seal! Got the seal for 5.00, went home and put it onto my new 1G I bought a week ago. It fits perfectly, but the seal is a bit too long and requires a trim.

Cut exactly 5.125" out of the seal, as squarely as you can, then use Gorilla glue or superglue to put the ends back together. There are some metal pieces within the seal here and there, so feel for them before cutting so that you can avoid them when you make your cut. Im not sure if these seals are still made or not, but its worth a look, and the 3KGT/ STEALTH seals seem to always be in great shape on the parts cars around here, so perhaps others will have good chances of finding a good one as well.

Attachments

• 20160116_1146411.jpg
    20160116_1146411.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 333
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back