The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

gauge costs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2gGSX

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 15, 2004
St. Louis, Missouri
im looking to get some gauges, and so far the cheapest i've found is
238.65 for autometer phantom boost/EGT/2 gauge full a-pillar

or

296.55 for autometer phantom/EGT/AF/3 gauge full a-pillar

1. these both seem sort of high, is there any way to get them any cheaper? (prices from www.egauges.com)
2. is it worth it to get the A/F gauge (if i plan to get a wideband later on)

Thats about right. I got my autometer Cobalt series, (highest priced line)
the boost gauge 30 boost 30 vac was $249.99 and my A/F was $92.

shop around still

The A/F are a waste of money unless you just want some flashy lights that look cool. You can't tune off of it, they're slow reacting, and the narrow band stock O2 are a rough estamate anyways. Don't bother.

Check prostreetonline.com for decent prices. or extrememotorsports.com (sometimes good prices)

as he said for the most part they are a light show, Allthough the info Is still usefull but not essential

looks like ebay is the cheapest

is it worth it to get the full a-pillar for the gauges over just the pods and taping them on?

I got my triple pillar for $45, autometer phantom boost gauge $56, autometer phantom oil pressure gauge $56, and a free VDO voltmeter :p

Out of the three gauges you mentioned, the only one you need is the boost gauge. A good autometer sport-comp gauge is $50.

Instead of A/F and EGT, I would buy a logger. That will show you both things those two gauges would, and so much more.

If you really feel the need for more gauges, fuel pressure, oil pressure, and coolant temp are good choices.

yes and get the 1 piece pillar, either 2 or 3 pod design. it looks much more clean then getting just the pod mount and taping that on. most other people with dsm's i meet around my town say i got the cleanest pillar cause its not all ghey pepboys taped on, its just like the stock but has pods. go for the clean look. do it right the first time.

i got a EL glow boost and A/F guage off ebay for 90 for both of them. and they match my HALO el guages, so it looks just awesome at night, and they all match in day cause theyre all white faced.

pocketlogger = 155 from the website + cost of palm and cable

fuel trim and knock would help a lot..but that seems about it
is there anything else special about the pocketlogger that im missing?

oh, and on ebay i found the pillar, EGT and boost gauge for 200 shipped...is that a better price?

no its not good LOL. ebay turbo gauge $40 egt dunno price forgot? a pillar $10 auto zone should be like 100 or a little over im assuming

the EGT is like 115-120 or something, boost and pillar together is about 80-90

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back