The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Gateway International raceway to reopen

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pos4g63

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 9, 2011
St.louis, Missouri
Supposidly gateway international raceway is to reopen for NHRA drag racing in 2012. Hopefully this means we will have a open dragracing night for street cars during the week.:pray:

Opening in March 2012. MARPark is also underway as of a month ago. A spot was picked out and bought and has been under construction for a week now.

i looked them up and all it really told me that they were like a franchise of racetracks but had no info on where or when

gateway scheduled to open late 2012 see ya there

Not only is GMP opening, but they are redoing the track surface. So its like we are getting a whole new track! Looking forward to being at the track again and finally getting to run the talon.

ive only got to go and watch busch series there. tried to g2 midnight madness but was already at capacity. idk how they were losing money.. i cant wait to make my first pass on my (pretty much new again) 1g

Will be a great year, boys. Hope to see you all out there and setting a new standard for our cars. I know I'll be out there mid-year. Hoping they bring Battle of the Boards out. Me and another local will be joining in it together. :thumb:

hell ya lets eat some vettes haha

If you still have the same setup as when that car was sold.. You will not be eating any Corvette's, man. You have a maybe 13.5 out of that car with a good launch and flawless driving.

It should be great racing and a great year.

Alex, I can't wait to see your car run, should be a fun ride.

MARPark is Mid-America Raceway Park. Mid America Raceway Park

If you still have the same setup as when that car was sold.. You will not be eating any Corvette's, man. You have a maybe 13.5 out of that car with a good launch and flawless driving.

It should be great racing and a great year.

Alex, I can't wait to see your car run, should be a fun ride.

MARPark is Mid-America Raceway Park. Mid America Raceway Park

similar but not the same. and we'll see what happens

Screw MM. TnT was always better and allowed more runs over the whole night. I doubt they will have a drifting section; only a few of them were even remotely good. The red LS1 s13... dirty.

Since we're on the subject of GMP, what is everyone's setup they will be running?

I heard it was own by a bunch of towel heads running lambo's ect down the track. They sold it to whoever owns it now and they are redoing the track. I dont know if it was true or not. I should both of my dsm's down this year.

I heard it was own by a bunch of towel heads running lambo's ect down the track. They sold it to whoever owns it now and they are redoing the track. I dont know if it was true or not. I should both of my dsm's down this year.

LOL. Definitely NOT true at all. Yes, they are re-doing the track. It's now owned by a pretty huge name and will get the love it needs. A perfect schedule is up on the new website. Will be full of great events this year.

The new owner of gateway is an STL SCCA member and is redoing the roadcourse, oval, and more and plans to have NASCAR there in less then 5 years. The strip is almost done they are having a cleaning and final prep day next weekend and the weekend after is a bunch of different coming out to suport and and people tech. (those in STL SOLO it'll be techoroma but for a bunch of stl race stuff including STL drift) first day open is 3/17/12 and midnigt madness is the next weekend 3/24/12.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back