The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Fp red, green or hta71

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roope5

Probationary Member
Jun 12, 2013
Mt home, Idaho
Does anyone have one or have had experience with one of the above turbos?

I was a subaru guy and use to lag for how big turbo I went with a 2.0 but being new to dsm I do not know what's best.
Looking to go with one but I do not know which is best for little lag and good top end?

Last edited:
Does anyone have one or have had experience with one of the above turbos?

I was a subaru guy and use to lag for how big turbo I went with a 2.0 but being new to dsm idk what's best.
Looking to go with one but idk which is best for little lag and good top end?

I got an fp red (old school). Im hitting full boost at 4700 rpms. This turbo likes high boost. it gets fun to drive with it in 25-30 psi range... Suck for a Dd car....

With a bolt-on housing your HX35 would spool in the 3500-4000 range and still flow well enough for 500hp.

True^^
I hear it spool at 3500 and waste gate opens at 4-4500. I'm only running 10psi bc guy I just bought from last week had safc and no dsmlink or tune.

So if I keep the hx35 and actually get dsmlink and tuned properly I will be ok? All I really want is 400-450whp

True^^
I hear it spool at 3500 and waste gate opens at 4-4500. I'm only running 10psi bc guy I just bought from last week had safc and no dsmlink or tune.

So if I keep the hx35 and actually get dsmlink and tuned properly I will be ok? All I really want is 400-450whp
Would you trade yours hx35 to mines fp red? :cool:

I had my fp HTA green untuned. With 272's, all I can say is that it pulls pretty darn good with minimum 14 lbs of boost. Spool is slower then smaller turbo but once you get in the 5k rpm, it pulls way stronger. I'm waiting to get a tuned and see how she pulls in the upper 20 psi. Not much lag at all.

Stick with the hx35 by all means and use the money you were going to blow on a new turbo on dsmlink you can always find good deals on the classifieds for link and EPROM ecu. Also grab a wideband then you'll be ready to tune. You will also need new injectors, those stock 450s will not hold up to any real boost on a holset, grab some in the 1200+ range and you'll be set.

You definitely need to get your setup capable of 20 psi, and then see how you like that Holset. I was around 32-33 psi on my old hx-35, and it was a total blast

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back