The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Fitment question about 17x8.5 rims on my 1g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonkRX

Probationary Member
May 25, 2005
City, New_Jersey
TIRE SIZE RECOMMENDATION REQUEST FORM

*Note Please feel free to merge this to the Tire Rec Thread

1. My car is a:
b) 2g DSM

2. My wheel size is:
Diameter: 17"
Width: 8"
Offset: +42

3. My current or future suspension height will be lowered
Not at all

5. Rear fender flange rolling:
b) I will not roll the fenders.

6. My driving style is:
a) Street only, with no special performance requirements.

7. I have searched for and read the FAQ's, Tech Articles, and threads on wheel and tire fitment:
a) Yes, but I just need someone with experience to validate my choices.

Basically, I can get some cheap 245/40-17's, and I just wanted to make sure they can go on without issue on a virtually stock car with 8" Wide +42 offset wheels.

The Chart listed here shows that it may fit with some fender rolling. Unfortunately, I'd like to avoid fender rolling as much as possible. So I want to know if these would fit without rolling.

Thanks in Advance (especially if this is merged and I lose reply privileges).

Technically speaking you have 9mm of clearance without rolling your fenders. That is too close for comfort for me personally. Why do you insist of on running 245's? If you run 235's you significantly increase the gap fron tires to body. According to the chart, you have 8mm of knuckle clearance 14mm of fender clearance They fit great, personal use proves 235/45/17 fits great even with coilovers, and car lowered 1.2"

40 is a pretty thin sidewall. You will certainly feel the road more. Dont hit a curb tho. Such a thin sidewall makes the whole wheel look small too.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back