The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

First time out with the Evo 3 16g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanadianTSi

DSM Wiseman
Aug 12, 2002
Kingston, ON_Canada
Running 20 psi and 94 octane ( Evo 3 16g, FMIC, 650's, 190 pump) on a somewhat rough tune. I have been Fighting a studder that comes and goes and I'm also forced to vent my BOV ATM.

Anyways, First run was a 13.22 at 106.42 (1.83 60') studdering really badly in 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

Next run I manage to miss 4th and run a 13.43 at 96.57 (1.79 60')

3rd run the studdering goes away and I run 13.22 at 108.67 (1.87 60')

4th run I slipped the clutch way to much off the line, but the car didn't studder, I run 12.98 at 110.79 (1.90 60") I was soooo happy that I made it into the 12's on my first time out

5th run....what a nightmare. I missed 4th and In my hurried state I managed to shove it into 2nd....opss. The highest RPM the S-AFC saw was 9471...not good ( bone stock motor BTW)

The motor seemed to be ok so I made 1 more pass but I shifted very slowly and causiously and ran a 13.11 at 110.87

I think that fact that I'm venting really hurt my ET's (the lag in between shifts was very severe)

Overall I'm really happy with the results...12's is kewl but i'm more excited about the MPH's and the fact that the motor didn't blow up :thumb:

Awsome job :thumb: Now lets find out what it can do with race gas ;)

I do. :)

That's badass, man. Drop some race gas, 24psi, and see what happens!

CanadianTSi said:
Also, I'm going to the Dyno on monday so i'll be able to see exactly how much power I was making on these runs.

So what were the numbers? :) And nice job on the track runs. Hitting a 12 with the evoIII16g the first time out is pretty damn impressive! :thumb:

guitarXgeek said:
So what were the numbers? :) And nice job on the track runs. Hitting a 12 with the evoIII16g the first time out is pretty damn impressive! :thumb:

270 AWHP on a Mustang AWD Dyno (reads lower then a dynojet) :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back