The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Finally took some pix of my HID's UPDATE: fixed links

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinh766

15+ Year Contributor
May 20, 2003
SoCal - ATL - PHX, California
i finally got a clean wash after oh so long, so i decided to take some pix of my car. i've had these HID's on for about 2 months now, and they are absolutely great, they are pure white at night. this is a retrofit. my projectors are off of an audi A4 and the ballasts and bulb itself is off of an 03' M3. i've only had the chance to take some daytime pix, but u get the idea. if you don't like it, then that's fine, but if you like what u see in the day time, then wait til i get some night pix for you. you can still see it sparkle, even for being in the middle of the day. i love em.

17636s.jpg

17636DSC01190.JPG

17636DSC01198.JPG

this ones just because she's sexy :thumb:
17636DSC01187.JPG

Very nice work dude. Good to see more and more people are starting to do retrofits. What type of shroud did you use around the projector lense? Get some night shots and some of the cut-off too!

:thumb:

I love how your car looks like its smiling :) Sweet HIDs too. retrofit is the way to go.

Six97GST said:
Very nice work dude. Good to see more and more people are starting to do retrofits. What type of shroud did you use around the projector lense? Get some night shots and some of the cut-off too!

:thumb:

And I second that motion... :thumb:

my shrouds are custom, i got some sheet metal and shaped it to fit in a curve around the lense so that it doesn't glare all over the place. and about my smiley face bumper, i use to hate it, actually got a 97-99 bumper, had it put on and everything, and then ran over a semi truck tire that chewed it all up, so now back to the smiley face, and its sorta growing on me, i guess not that many ppl have it anymore. yeah, i'll try to get some night pix of it tonight, and the cut-off is awsome, but not as good as an s2k obviously. but i still love it. and i have never had anything but complements from drivers ahead of me, and absolutely no complaints.

u know what i REALLy love about them, that i didn't expect? when i go to my car at night and older people just look down on me because i drive a riced out, lowered, 5.25 inch exhaust tip, orange car, but when i turn on my HID's and the start-up is like a crystal blue, i see the look of how they see me change instantly on there face. same goes with ricers too. i'll look down on me if they can't see the intercooler at night, then when i turn on my HID's thery'e like "SWEEET"! i think i get more attention from these (which i didn't expect, i got these cuz i live in the boonies) then i do from my intercooler/turbo

here are the night shot. you know that blue twinkle you see in audi's and beemers? well i have that exact twinkle, but i can't seem to capture it onto a camera, maybe i have a cheap camera, cuz i just can't make it look as good as how it really looks in real life.

17636DSC012191.jpg

17636DSC01222-med.JPG

17636DSC012231.jpg

I have a blank spot...Firefox dosen't show the Red X

i cant imagine u being able to see too far with those red XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx

Pics work for me :)

i love hid lights just gotta figure somethen out with a 1g

they look great bro :thumb: How much did the whole set-up run you?

thanks, the whole setup costed me $450 :cry: , (installed myself). overprice if you ask me, but i lived in the outskirts of georgia, and there are no street lights, so to me? worth every penny :thumb:

Really nice job man! I like the setup alot

But that tiny little discrepancy between the left and right headlight cutoff would drive me insane. But little stuff like that gets to me.

oh, that's not that big of a deal, i did my retrofit to where i can adjust my horizontals and verticals w/ the stock adjustment screws on the back of the headlights. and i did that on purpose because i need as much light on my side as the road as possible, so that tiny lil bump/step, makes a good/big difference while driving.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back