The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Evo III 16g on a Mustang dyno Plus meth.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FFTEC

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 15, 2005
Hayward, California
Before anybody gets all excited about the numbers not being higher please keep in mind this in on a Mustang dyno. Mustang dyno's read much lower than dynojets. All the newer dynos including Mustang Dynos, Dyno Dynamics and Land & Sea Dyno's read lower than dynojets.

The 16g is well known to be a good fun all around turbo. We see a lot of people thinking that a EVoIII16g will make 300AWHP using 91 OCT. on our dyno. An evo III 16g turbo is smaller than a factory EVO8 and 9 turbo. Factory Evo 8 turbo's usually fall just shy of 290 on our dyno if the EVO has cams, cam gears 3" turbo back exhaust and a custom Flash. This setup will easly net a mid to low 12sec QTR Mile. With those facts on the table a person can get an accurate idea of what kind of power a EVOIII16g can make on our dyno. On customers AWD 2g's we have seen 12.8x times with only 240AWHP. The average big 16g setup can often net approx 250AWHP. For actual dynocharts check here.

Full Function: Evo III 16G Turbo Specs
If you need more info on the methanol kit check out this link
Full Function: Snow Performance Kit

I hope this shines a little light on the subject of turbo's and meth for people in the market for those parts.

Thank you! This is what I've been trying to tell people, especially the people that tell me I should be hitting 300+whp easily. I don't remember the exact numbers (if I find my dyno sheet I'll post it), but I think it was 256whp that I made on your dyno with my EVOIII 16G @ 20psi on 91 octane. This was back when you first got the dyno and I rememeber one of the other guys there at the dyno day said to me, "that's it?" bah!

Oh well, I love my 16G; tons of fun on the street and in the mountains/canyons. I don't think I'll go bigger, even if Sean does try and tell me to go bigger every time I stop by. :p

Since that last dyno I've added cams, so if I can ever get my car running as well as it was the last time it was on the dyno I'll have to bring it back and see what a difference that makes.

hmmm. This might inspire me to put my methanol injection back on my car. I blew my motor because i was spraying methanol and my #1 coil went out, i got a misfire and my old tired 6-bolt went boom!
I was going to dyno tune the car there with dsmlink and i was going to sell my methanol kit and just fund a few tanks of 100 octane, but if you can tune it well with the methanol then i might just throw it back on the car.

Dyno test 2 was performed with 91 octane and a 50/50 mix of methanol and consistently produced low 12 to high 11 second quater mile times.

I am really contemplating running meth injection. The snow performance kit seems very nice, comes on progressively from the MAF signal.

100%methanol. Next time im going to go with a 50/50 or 75/25 meth/h2o

Im also contemplating getting the progressive controller for it to go on with methanol when i re-install it. Im running the aquastealth.com methanol kit. 300cc nozzle

i'm going to be running a methanol setup. i have the stage 2. i'll post up results after we get everything together next week.

On the second article with the methanol Install on an Evolution I have added an extra paragraph addressing safety issues. Also at the end of the picture section right before the dyno chart I have added how Full Function sets up Snow Performance's Safeinjection which gives the owners of the cars failsafe options. I hope this article helps educate people.

I dynoed my car on a dyno dynamics BUT it was set up to read like a dynojet thanks to unhappy srt owners low numbers and my car made pretty good numbers. I plan on doing meth soon and trying to break 400 whp (dynojet). As far as the evo go ive seen them making 400+whp (dynojet numbers on dynodynamics) with the meth and bolt ons and 11 sec ets but the 11 sec one was a 9. Shoulnt your guys be putting up a little bit higher numbers then you are???

I dynoed my car on a dyno dynamics BUT it was set up to read like a dynojet thanks to unhappy srt owners low numbers and my car made pretty good numbers. I plan on doing meth soon and trying to break 400 whp (dynojet). As far as the evo go ive seen them making 400+whp (dynojet numbers on dynodynamics) with the meth and bolt ons and 11 sec ets but the 11 sec one was a 9. Shoulnt your guys be putting up a little bit higher numbers then you are???

seriously, your bringing up a thread this old over what kind of numbers they put down? Who cares if one car makes 451 whp and the other makes 450 whp, a dyno is purely a tuning device. The fact that it gives out numbers is almost more of a curse than a blessing, other than it tells you if your making improvements or not. Your not going to get a response from sean as he doesn't frequent this forum often. Bring your car to this dyno and see if you put down 400, hell see if you put down 300... Then you can talk.

seriously, your bringing up a thread this old over what kind of numbers they put down? Who cares if one car makes 451 whp and the other makes 450 whp, a dyno is purely a tuning device. The fact that it gives out numbers is almost more of a curse than a blessing, other than it tells you if your making improvements or not. Your not going to get a response from sean as he doesn't frequent this forum often. Bring your car to this dyno and see if you put down 400, hell see if you put down 300... Then you can talk.

Yeah, it reads low as hell. Numbers from different dynos dont mean anything. A dyno is used to see if the tuning changes are making more or less power than the last time.

Dave put down like 4xx whp and he ran a 10.8 so that shows you what this dyno reads.

Didnt mean to ruffle your feathers tst. I was bored. Im going to dyno my car tomorrow on the dyno dynamics and ill have it set up to read its true numbers with out changing the ratio. We'll see if it breaks 300. I wanted to pull some timing then turn up the boost a lil and adjust from there. Shooting for 375 (dynojet) on pump. Ill let you know. T9si the 400ish whp sounds bout right. Guy on here that won battle of the imports (red 1st gen) made 420ish on the dyno dynamics before the srt guys got on it. He was running real low 11s. I know they are for tuning but why not have a battle comparing numbers while we at it, and I didnt mean to offend the owner of they dyno either or their tuning skills.

Didnt mean to ruffle your feathers tst. I was bored. Im going to dyno my car tomorrow on the dyno dynamics and ill have it set up to read its true numbers with out changing the ratio. We'll see if it breaks 300. I wanted to pull some timing then turn up the boost a lil and adjust from there. Shooting for 375 (dynojet) on pump. Ill let you know. T9si the 400ish whp sounds bout right. Guy on here that won battle of the imports (red 1st gen) made 420ish on the dyno dynamics before the srt guys got on it. He was running real low 11s. I know they are for tuning but why not have a battle comparing numbers while we at it, and I didnt mean to offend the owner of they dyno either or their tuning skills.

i dont think anyone was offended. #'s are only relative to the dyno that the car was tested on. We were just trying to make a point that probably no 16g will ever touch 400 on this dyno. Kind of showing you what #'s relate to what 1/4 mile times.

Good luck with tuning the e3 16g, by the looks of your profile we have similar mods.

Yeah i dont think any 16g is going to push 400 whp on a mustang or dyno dynamics unless there is some race gas or nitrous or something like that involved. What cams do you have and have you raced it yet? Quartermile

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back