The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Dyno Tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJTurbo

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 16, 2007
Lake Grove, New_York
Hello all,
Looking for a little advice. I will be going to the dyno soon and was looking for some tuning advice. This is what I am working with, built 7 bolt 8.6:1 mahle pistons, scat rods, ARP studs, BS removed, mls head gasket, Crower springs and retainers, adjustable cam gears, Web Cams (street grind), Fidanza lightened FW, FP 20G, FIC 1050 injector, JMF drag SMIM, adj FP regulator, Keydiver stage 3 chip tuned for 100 octane. I will unfortunately be tuning with SAFC until I can get DSMlink v3. I have AEM wideband and using the MMCD with palm. I have my redline setup for @ 9000rpm.
From what I know basically will be tuning for 11:1 on the wideband and leaning the AFC till I reach knock and then richen it up a bit from there.
The other concern I have are the adjustable cam gears, I have them set up with 2 degree retard on the exhaust and 0 degrees on the Intake.
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated,

BTw I had taken the car to the track and ended up with 115 mph trap speed but recently removed the cat and replace the 2.5" DP with megan 3", feels alot better now.

Thanks again

Chris

Do you know what your timing is set up like on your chip? Target for 11:1 sounds good. As far as the cam degreeing, that will be something that will have to be tested on the dyno.
have you taken a look at dsmap in comparison to dsmlink?
How much boost were you running when you trapped 115?

If you already have a laptop and obviously you have a logger, All you would need then is the ostrich emulator($175) 3bar map sensor($60-100) and a Intake air temp sensor($20) and the fullthrottle harness($45) or make your own and your set.
www.ds-map.net

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back