The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Dsm meet syracuse ny

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipsegsx224

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 1, 2009
syarcuse, New_York
Hey guys.
sorry I forgot about this thread but im going to try plan for something in like 2 weeks and get the local cny dsms together or as many as possible maybe if we all come together we can turn this into a big event lets see what happens. pm me if you want to help with the planning more help the better chance we can get a decent event going on here!! Date is flexible just give me some feedback and I can adjust it(but im saying for the meet We all meet up at a state park/or fast food place{big parking lot} then after everything is going we all take a cruise to another location some hwy and city driving all hang out some photos with all the local cny dsms possibly some grill action or something open to ideas if 2 wks is too short of notice speak up

I'm down for it. Car is still in pieces but should be together by then. And it's a nice long drive for me.

I'd like to see a colt. I'm in the sticks of the Adirondacks and we have no DSMs or alike up here.

Would be niceif I can get my spyder of jacks and mass NY beautiful emissions inspection. But its a great idea. Something closed than STM's open house in Rochester

@dsmtripp your pretty close to me. Didn't know Watertown area had DSM enthusiasts. What wrong with yours?

No emissions stuff installed ROFL that and I gotta weld up the front passenger strut tower. Also need to get rid of my 95 gsx ... want garage space back LOL ... bottom line I've been really lazy and I hate ny's emissions test where you have to plug it in. To address the dsm scene up here... there really isn't one. There are a few out there but they come and go with the army base. Locals consist of a few 1g and 2g people but I really don't associate with many of them or really anyone up here for that matter. Not a car scene here :notgood:

my cars not the best looking but id like to go and see some diffrent DSMs including that colt. and its a nice 4-5 hour drive from here

I take my cars to Trapps garage in gouverneur. He passes close to any thing. Mike Trapp is the owner. And his shop does good work for a good price. If I ever don't want to do something on my talon or just don't have time it's the only shop I trust. Used it on a recommendation 5 years ago and never regretted it. Is it one that must be hooked up to pass?

Anyway as for being lazy... I'm so guilty of that it makes me sad. I'm moving out of my house soon and need to finish my BSE. It's been in the works since I opened my timing case and saw a line being scored into my timing belt. Got the parts and got more than enough tools. But ambition has been in short supply (New Father and work overnights :banghead: )

I'm 3 hours away, but love a good drive and thruway pulls from rest stops on ramp ;-) Race to the speed limit as they say.

And my 1g is in rough shape a well. I'm bringing it back to glory a little bit at a time. Slow going though have no close friends where I live to ever lend a hand. It's so "clicky" if your from out of town you'll never belong. That and it's been paycheck to paycheck while finishing school.

I take my cars to Trapps garage in gouverneur. He passes close to any thing. Mike Trapp is the owner. And his shop does good work for a good price. If I ever don't want to do something on my talon or just don't have time it's the only shop I trust. Used it on a recommendation 5 years ago and never regretted it. Is it one that must be hooked up to pass?

Anyway as for being lazy... I'm so guilty of that it makes me sad. I'm moving out of my house soon and need to finish my BSE. It's been in the works since I opened my timing case and saw a line being scored into my timing belt. Got the parts and got more than enough tools. But ambition has been in short supply (New Father and work overnights :banghead: )

I'm 3 hours away, but love a good drive and thruway pulls from rest stops on ramp ;-) Race to the speed limit as they say.

And my 1g is in rough shape a well. I'm bringing it back to glory a little bit at a time. Slow going though have no close friends where I live to ever lend a hand. It's so "clicky" if your from out of town you'll never belong. That and it's been paycheck to paycheck while finishing school.
Well my spyder is a 97 so it has to be hooked up sadly. If it wasn't for that it would pass no problem. Don't blame you on the motivation I used to then I got two kids now and after work and on the weekends... yea I don't wanna do anything. One day I will have it back on the road.

Well I don't have the time for a BSE in my current garage so I'm going to throw a BS belt and tensioner on for now and pray. But I have found a long block for 2k on here I am trying to buy and am going to have that in before the May. Just hope my tax return will beat another buyer.

trip quit lieing LOL you never come out anymore haha there is a small car scene here on the weekends in the summer. we usually get 10-30 people. and aside from trip, me and few others are here in watertown.

Well I'm blown away! I figured Watertown had to have more than a hand full of DSMers. I'm not on the outskirts of town but head out every 2 weeks for groceries and wouldn't mind spending some more time hanging with fellow car guys. Every one out here thinks my talon is a Honda or something, LOL

So what's the deal with this thing? Last time I drove to a meet in Syracuse, nobody else showed up. Is there a location yet?

On a side note: DSM Tripp, Since your car is a 97, you can get by with at least two of the readiness monitors "not done" as long as it hasn't set an emmissions code. After 2000 you can only have one, and in newer cars they all must be completed. If you have link (to turn off certain codes), and can pass the visual inspection, you should be able to retain most/all of your mods.

Haha colt4g63 that sounds great... just gotta get motivation now but its starting to warm up so that means more time in the garage...

Dsm315.... slacker... ok with that said what car group is around now?? Havent seen any for a few summers now... only the occasional few cars together

Well I'm game for a meet. It's been a long time since I've known anyone that actually cares about their car like I do let alone be able to have a conversation about it. And a 3 hour trip to Syracuse would be a nice drive.(as long as I don't break down, LOL) I just wish I had nice weather to get my engine/tranny swap done. No garage anymore. :(

Colt4G63 I can tell you the only way I wouldn't show is if I had broken down to far to grab the GF's car and make it. I can say I'm sick of having to explain things about my car to guys around here. It would be nice to maybe learn something from a fellow DSMer and at the very least be able to appreciate others work. Plus I wanna see the Colt. Where I live seeing a talon or eclipse is like bird watching for a rare specimen. But seeing a Colt is like going on a Bigfoot hunt, ROFL.

I'm up for a meet in Syracuse .... could probably get a few others rounded up too.. Getting all the guys I work with into DSM's... just sold my 95' talon to one of them and another just picked up an eclipse

So how's the plan coming together on this? I'd like to see if anyone plans on going. I'd have to drive about 3 hours so I'd rather not make the trip for a no show and just a fast food meal and a drive home. If its concrete people are going I'll be there.

Also is anyone interested in helping each other out labor wise? Many hands make for light work. And fast turn arounds. Personally I got plenty of tools an engine lift, engine stand, air tools and 10+ years working on cars. Oh and we BBQ a lot out here. Thought I'd throw it back out there. Also I'll make a thread to see if there is any interest.

Colt4G63 also said:
Who knows a good location to have this thing? I'll show up, but first I need to know where and when.

I'm not from the area but we could choose a place depending on what we'd like to do. Maybe meet up at a fast food place or a state park ad BBQ, go for a cruise, to some other place. There's lots of roads there from city to thru-way.

hey guys I am from the area( but stationed in Okinawa currently). Depending on where in Syracuse you want to meet up there is Hoffmans hot haus in mattydale that has a huge parking lot. There is also a local club that rolls around you may want to check out the site www.cny1320.com they are always down for any cruising.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back