The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Doorman control arms NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o0GuitarKid0o

Proven Member
Dec 12, 2013
Winnipeg ,MB, MB_Canada
I gotta ask because I havent had any luck with these control arms right from the beginning!

Anyone running them at all? Did this happen to you?

I replaced both the ball joints in the first year I bought them in 2015 From rockauto.com .
When pressing in the new ball joints (with the proper tools from chrysler) one arm wasn't strong at all and expanded leaving the ball joint loose on the driver side like what!?? Had to weld the bastard on .

NOW the God dam bushings have failed on the passenger side never again will I buy these.

The bushings were f#c+ed in 2017 before my car blew up and the car sat for a year and I never even thought about it until I swapped.new motor in and seen the play in the bushing

So in literally 2 years these arm were done

I should have kept my original control arms...

Bad batch?

Funny how 25 year old control arms were better.
Doubt warranty would cover this to.

And they started surface rusting pretty quick.

How did yours hold up?

Oh and the suspension was preloaded before torquing them down.

In my experience, Dorman products are absolute garbage. I have a 2g, but i've had similar bad experience with aftermarket control arms, even the more expensive Moog Problem Solver parts. Ball-joints and bushings failed in less than 30k miles. I ended up going back to OEM.

For whatever reason, the aftermarket just never got these cars right. I've gotten burned so often on such a wide variety of things, I almost always just pony up for OEM.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back