The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Do DSMs Really Rally? Pros/Cons

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoked28

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 14, 2012
Keystone Heights, Florida
Hey guys,

I have recently been looking to get into rally racing. I was advised to get into a rally car that someone else built at first. So, I was on a rally forum and started going through the classifieds and I honestly saw almost as many DSMs(FWD and AWD, turbo/N/A) as anything else. This surprised me as I never hear of anyone recommending DSMs to rally race. Anyone know how our cars fair in the world of rally? I know rally racing beats the shit out of cars and ours aren't exactly known as the most resilient examples. However, they are relatively easy to work on, so I feel like that's a plus. Anyone have experience with DSMs in rally racing? I love DSMs and like the idea of combining these two interests. Pro/cons?

Two raced at LSPR this weekend. Both ran pretty well at times, I’m not sure how they finished. I would look at the Rally America website to get their info and then contact them about their experience running 1gb DSM’s. Most people run subaru’s or evo’s.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back