The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Considering a full build on a 420a

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you dont know the difference between crank hp and whp then i doubt you have the ability to finish a project like this. Maybe you should at least listen to the advice of the people whos been there and done that. Sounds like you have a lot of growing up to do, have fun.

Lol. Whatever. If you actually read, you'd see I never once said whether I was talking about crank or wheel HP. I misread your post somewhat though, as I didn't see you were talking about both separately in the same post. Still if I can get 250 to the crank on stock internals, over 200 whp with a built engine will be easily surpassed. Unfortunately for you, the internet exists, and on it you can find 420a's doing just fine.

I appreciate your concern and it's noted. However, your word against the evidence I've seen otherwise, you're outnumbered. So why don't you scurry off to the 4g63 boards where you belong eh?

Been there, done that. Went the entire 2.4 bottom end swap and large turbo. End of the day the power is there, but even with an LSD traction is hard to obtain on street tires. Bolt up some slicks and I hope you plan on spending at least a grand on stouter axles. Either, way, it's highly possible, just be prepared for the huge expense that comes with running a high HP(as compared to the stock HP level) 420A car. It's not something you're going to build and have running for any length of time.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back