The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Compressor wheel upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stez

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 16, 2005
Kiev, Europe
I have a t3(stage 3)/t04b v trim turbocharger. And thinking on upgrade compressor wheel. May be somebody know can i put instead of my v trim compressor wheel some bigger wheel, for example old school 60-1 wheel or may be some similar one? will some fit my turbo?

Can anybody advise me where can i buy compressor wheels?

Thanks

i herd of the evo 3 16g turbo with a 20g wheel in the pump side be for but not sure about what you want done. it wont make that much of a diffrions anyways. you be wasting money.

to make more power, you need a to do alot of work to our car. it looks like to have a 400hp set up like now.
i can tell you how to get to 500whp if your game for it.

i herd of the evo 3 16g turbo with a 20g wheel in the pump side be for but not sure about what you want done. it wont make that much of a diffrions anyways. you be wasting money.

to make more power, you need a to do alot of work to our car. it looks like to have a 400hp set up like now.
i can tell you how to get to 500whp if your game for it.

WTF? When did he say he wanted 500whp? A $100 wheel/housing set can make a huge difference and he won't have to completely reconfigure everything he's already set up. Maxed out, going from the v-trim to a 62-1 can be up to a 10lb/min difference, that's pretty substantial if you ask me. Furthermore there might be wheel and housing sets that are more efficient at the boost levels he's trying to run.

You want your wheel to be matched to your housing, but you can swap out compressors and housings pretty easily. The only thing you need for a compressor wheel to fit is for it to fit the shaft. I think all T3's and T4's have the same size shaft, I could be wrong though. You can find T4 housing and wheels on ebay, or turbo shops. Check out compressor maps to see what might work best for you and then find someone who sells that particular pair. The backing plate should work fine.

I got a T4 off of a diesel truck for $35 and I snagged the cold side for a hybrid, so you can get deals : D

actually yes, i just want to get some better flow and boost from wheel swap (i run pump gas) and this should not be as expensive as buy a new turbo (i have no budget for the new one :((( ). Furthermore, i find out that 60-1 wheel wont fit my plate BUT i found a T04E plate + housing (from ETE 50 trim) - for free from my friend (his turbo is broken) so i'll need to buy only compressor wheel. Will the 60-1 wheel fit without any problems T04E housing?

Can you advise me, which wheel is better to put 60-1 or 62-1 (what difference between them?) or may be some other one at all?

And is anybody know where can i buy the compressor wheel at all??? can find it anythere :(((

Any new compressor wheel will require at a minumum the compressor housing re-cut for the specific wheel. Why not just use your friends 50-trim wheel? IMO, would be a much better pump-gas setup than a 60-1 or 62-1 (which are much laggier but perform better at higher RPMs/ boost).

Any PTE or Garrett shop would be able to sell you a wheel.

50 trim wheel is damaged... and i want something more than 50 trim for drag.

Looks like yes - i'll have to grind a little housing for 60-1 wheel, already found few shops where i can buy it - 100$+shipping.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back