The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

clutch problem question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcjjones

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 3, 2011
Austin, Texas
Will a bad master cylinder still push the slave?

Im having a shifting problem that happened out of no where. Cant get the car in gear while its running and rolls forward with my foot pressing the clutch and starting in first gear. Obviously the clutch isn't fully disengaging.

I dont suspect the clutch because it's less then a year old and doesn't slip nor ever has

unless you somehow got air in the lines, either the master or slave will probably be leaking a little look for that.

Yes, just not as much as needed. Some fluid will leak passed the seals and not get sent to the slave. Check inside the car, under the dash, just above the gas pedal. You will see the bolt going to the clutch master cylinder. If it is damp, wet, dripping....its bad.
Also check your line from the mc to the slave. You might have a leak. Have a buddy push the clutch in and you watch the slave. Should move a good bit(make sure the car is off).
Jacks transmissions has a you tube video that is very good.

Yea i appreciate all the advice. All things im well aware of though. Besides the question I had about it pushing the slave.

On the same note, will the slave still move if its bad also? Just not enough?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back